This is our biggest size of barn owl pellets, a large 2" or more (often 3" or larger), which provides the greatest variety of bones to piece together. These owl pellets typically contain multiple skeletons and will provide an exciting discovery experience.
This item is just the owl pellet without instructions. You can print instructions from our Owl Pellet Lab. Each of these large owl pellets is wrapped in foil and sterilized.
Safety Information: These large owl pellets have been dry heat sterilized for a minimum of 4 hours at 250°F to kill the bacteria and viruses naturally present in these remains. Even with that, we highly recommend that you follow these guidelines when working with owl pellets:
- Work in a place separate from eating and food prep areas.
- Use disposable latex gloves or nitrile gloves during the dissection and cleanup.
- Use a disposable tray or plate to contain the owl pellet during dissection; don't do it directly on desks or table tops.
- Use only dissection tools you provide; don't let students use pencils or other items for dissection. (Kids like to use our inexpensive plastic forceps if you need tools for them.)
- Use a sanitizer with paper towels or else disposable sanitizing wipes to thoroughly wash hands, work areas, and any dissection tools when finished. You can use bleach in a 1:10 solution as a sanitizer.
- Make sure everyone thoroughly washes their hands with soap and water after the dissection and cleanup.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More