This is a small-size owl pellet that averages about 1.25" long. Small owl pellets provide a more economical option for the classroom. It is just the pellet without instructions. You can print instructions from our Owl Pellet Lab. Each small owl pellet is foil wrapped and dry heat sterilized.
Safety Information: Our owl pellets have been dry heat sterilized for a minimum of 4 hours at 250°F to kill bacteria and viruses naturally present. Even so, we highly recommend that you follow these guidelines when working with owl pellets:
- Work in a place separate from eating and food preparation areas.
- Use disposable latex gloves or nitrile gloves during the dissection and cleanup.
- Use a disposable tray or plate to contain the owl pellet during dissection. Do not dissect directly on desks or table tops.
- Use only dissection tools provided. Do not let children use pencils or other personal items for dissection. Kids like to use our economical plastic forceps to take apart the owl pellet.
- Use a sanitizer with paper towels or disposable sanitizing wipes to thoroughly wash hands, work areas, and any dissection tools when finished. Household bleach in a 1:10 solution can be used as a sanitizer.
- Make sure everyone thoroughly washes their hands with soap and water after the dissection and cleanup.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More