Complete multiple projects with one kit!
One kit lets you build and explore two different types of batteries: a saltwater battery or a simple battery using potatoes (or other produce of your choice). There is no better way to learn how batteries work than by building one yourself. Science Buddies project instructions guide you through the building so you can start learning all about batteries, voltage, current, resistance, and more!
Designed for science projects, with:
- reusable electronic components that allow you to conduct multiple tests and/or build two different kinds of batteries
- oversized electrodes that maximize the amount of current generated by your battery, so you can easily compare results from each of your tests
- a quality multimeter so you can get accurate measurements of the power output produced by your battery
- new and improved instructions feature lots of images to guide you step-by-step through the building of the battery and how to capture readings using the multimeter included in the kit
We make it easy for you to get started, but what you decide to explore is up to you. Which produce makes the most power? How much power is created when the batteries are connected in series or in parallel? The possibilities are endless!
This kit is compatible with a number of different projects from Science Buddies. Please see our list of projects and instructions .
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Instructions are NOT included with the kit, but are available online from Science Buddies.
If you have questions about your kit, please see the following FAQ article from Science Buddies:
Each Veggie Power kit contains:
- 3 Copper electrodes
- 3 Zinc electrodes
- 6 Alligator clip leads
- 1 Digital multimeter with test leads
- 1 Piezoelectric buzzer
- 3 Super bright, high-efficiency red LED
- 1 1K ohm Resistor
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More