Project Projectile: Motion in Two Dimensions is a Launch level Science Unlocked curriculum kit. Hit the mark with this physics kit that aims to help students understand the laws of one-dimensional and two-dimensional motion. Have fun with several meaningful activities, including predicting the motion of steel balls, practicing the six-step problem-solving method with kinematics equations, observing the jet of water form a fountain, shooting pipet water projectiles, and designing a ball launcher.
Project Projectile comes with a full-color Student Workbook and detailed Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in the science of mathematical relationships and real-life applications of several types of motion. Through a series of experiments, students will learn why reactions happen and how to explain them using the periodic table. As part of a special program from Home Science Tools, this Launch level kit will provide over 15 hours of engaging instruction, helping your student gain knowledge and confidence while doing real science.
In this kit, the student will do these activities and more:
- Predict when a thrown ball and dropped ball will reach the ground.
- Use the kinematics equations to describe one-dimensional and two-dimensional motion.
- Solve motion problems using the six-step problem-solving method.
- Make a water fountain and observe the shape of the water jet that comes out.
- Shoot water projectiles from a pipet to explore the effect of the launch angle.
- Design a device that can launch a ball at the optimal angle.
Use Project Projectile to answer questions such as:
- How is motion predicted and described?
- What are the qualities of projectile motion?
- What are the relationships between time, velocity, acceleration, and displacement?
- How does launch angle affect the motion of a projectile?
Our Project Projectile kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Launch series and is recommended for grades 8-12.
This kit contains:
- 2 Construction paper, orange
- 2 Construction paper, pink
- 2 Construction paper, yellow
- 2 Construction paper, green
- 1 Masking tape
- 1 Nail
- 1 Pipet
- 2 Plastic cups, 16 oz
- 1 Protractor
- 1 Rubber bands, bag of assorted sizes
- 1 Ruler
- 2 Steel ball, 1 inch
- 1 Tongue depressors, pack of 10
You will also need:
- Marker or pen
- Stopwatch or timer app
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More