Get everything you need for a reptile and amphibian comparative dissection! This reptile and amphibian dissection kit provides engaging and memorable ways for elementary school, middle school, high school, or college lab students to study comparative anatomy. Plus, our dissection science kits make it easier than ever to get started! Two specimen's, a full-color step by step dissection guide, and dissection tools are included.
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for this reptile and amphibian comparative dissection kit, and all other dissections.
This can be a fascinating way to learn about comparative anatomy among related species.
Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced with water, and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
With the complete Reptile and Amphibian Comparative Dissection Kit, you'll be able to answer questions such as:
- How are reptiles and amphibians similar, yet different?
- What is the difference between venomous and poisonous species?
- How do amphibians obtain oxygen and what do they need to survive?
- How do a frog's eyes help them digest food?
- What are the differences between how a reptile versus an amphibian uses their five senses and how does that differ from humans?
Inside this Reptile and Amphibian Dissection kit, you'll find:
- Lizard specimen - Anolis, plain
- Frog specimen, Grass, 3.5"-4", Plain
- Reptile and Amphibian Comparative Dissection Guide
- Dissecting scissors
- Scalpel, plastic handle, #22
- 2 dissecting trays
- Plastic forceps
- 18 dissection pins
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for all dissections. You can even use a plastic lab apron to keep specimen materials off your clothing! Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced, first with water, and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
Shipping Restriction: This item only ships to street addresses in the 50 US states.HST SPECIMEN GUARANTEE
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase. One the original packaging is opened, use specimen within one month.
For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimens in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More