Learn how the heart works as you locate the internal parts of this specimen heart!
An interactive dissection specimen is a great way for elementary, middle school, and high school students to learn about anatomy and life science. Dissecting parts of other mammals, like a sheep, pig or goat heart, gives us some amazing insight into our own anatomy!
This complete sheep heart dissection kit comes with:
- a preserved mammal heart,
- a full-color photographic sheep heart dissection guide,
- a #22 scalpel,
- a dissecting probe,
- dissection pins,
- and a disposable dissection tray
Using the preserved specimen, illustrated dissection guide, tools, and dissecting tray inside this mammal heart dissection kit, curious learners of all ages can find and closely inspect parts of the heart and circulatory system such as the left atrium, right atrium, aorta, right ventricle, left ventricle, and so much more.
Dive deeper into your exploration of mammal organs and anatomy with our Sheep Brain Dissection Kit and Mammal Kidney Dissection Kit.
Home Science Tools recommends using the proper protective equipment like disposable gloves, glasses, apron for all dissections.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.