This sheep pluck includes the heart, lungs, and fully attached trachea of an adult sheep.
Dissecting these preserved sheep organs is a memorable and hands-on life science activity for middle and high school! Exploring and studying a sheep's heart, lungs, and trachea helps students to better understand respiratory systems, circulatory systems, and other systems and characteristics of internal mammal anatomy.
Want to learn more about sheep or mammal anatomy?
- Sheep Brain Dissection Kit
- Sheep Eye Dissection Specimen
- Sheep Kidney Dissection Kit
- Sheep Uterus Specimen, pregnant with embryo
- Mammal Organs Dissection Kit
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More