Grow two types of crystals in nine bright colors with this crystal growing kit from Smithsonian. Learn how crystals form in nature while making your own gem-shaped "Frosty Diamond" and quartz-like "Spiky" crystals! Plus, you'll get a display base with LED lighting to show off your creations.
The crystals start growing within just a few hours and are ready in 3-4 days. This set includes easy-to-follow instructions, crystal growing chemicals, and base rocks. Some household items and adult supervision required.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Deluxe Crystal Growing Kit
- 2 bags of chemical powders for "Frosty Diamond" (ammonium phosphate) and "Spiked" (potassium sulfate) crystals
- 1 bag of crystal-growing rocks (for 10 crystals)
- 3 bottles of dye to mix into nine colors
- 1 LED-light base to display crystals
- 1 clear plastic blister tray (to grow the crystals)
- 1 pair of safety goggles
- 2 mixing sticks
- 1 magnifying glass
- Smithsonian crystal information poster
- Detailed growing instructions (on back of poster)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More