Explore the power of the sun as you learn about alternative energy, photovoltaic cells, and electrical circuits. This kit includes instructions to do seven fun experiments, as well as an explanation of how solar power is harnessed. Sure to spark a greater scientific interest in the world we live in! A few basic household items are required for several experiments (such as a light bulb and tin foil).
Science Fair Project Ideas:
- Use the motor and one of the photovoltaic cells in this kit to make a solar-powered car!
- Try using a box fan to spin the motor, turning it into a generator. Can you combine a solar cell with the generator to produce more power?
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Solar Power Study Kit
- 2 photovoltaic solar cells
- DC electric motor
- Plastic propeller
- 4 wire leads with alligator clips
- Plastic light bulb base
- Light bulb, 1.5 volt
- Black construction paper
- Colored cellophane (red, green, and blue)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More