Experiment with solar energy and electric cars as you design, build, and race your own mini race car!
This solar race car experiment kit provides an excellent learning experience for middle and high school students. It's engaging, hands-on, and even supports the development of vital STEM skills.
Inside, you'll find everything you need to develop and apply the principles of basic physics, mechanics, and solar energy, while also developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Using this solar car kit, students can:
- Experiment with gear drive and pulley drive systems to find out which produces the fastest solar car;
- Test different solar cell positions to determine which is most effective;
- Test and perfect their designs indoors or on cloudy days (since the solar car can also operate on battery power);
- Experiment with different voltage outputs with additional solar cells;
- And more!
This solar car kit includes both principles of design and construction tips, as well as great flexibility and freedom for students to create, build, and test their own model cars and designs. All you need to provide is two AA batteries (optional), sharp knife or scissors, glue, tape, and decorations if desired.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Solar Race Car Experiment Kit
- balsa wood sheet (3" x 12)
- 0.5 volt solar cell
- electric motor
- AA battery holder (batteries not included)
- set of four gears
- set of four pulleys
- four small plastic wheels
- dowels for axles
- straws for axle bearings
- rubber bands
- metal eye screws
- design information
Learn how to harness energy from the sun to propel a car you design yourself! Use this solar car experiment kit and this printable to build a solar-powered car and find ways to make it run efficiently.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More