The Super Models Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) kit provides a hands-on approach to understanding the molecular structure of DNA. Students easily construct 24 nucleotides from their molecular components, then bond them together to create a DNA chain of 12 pairs. After the initial DNA model has been constructed, the model can be used to show a variety of base sequences, including the mutation that causes sickle cell anemia. Use two or more DNA molecular model kits to show the double helix formation.
Super Models: DNA Molecular Model kit includes more than 180 pieces, plus assembly instruction which includes information about DNA and student quiz. Ages 10+.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Super Models: DNA Molecular Model Kit contains:
- 25 purple 3-peg sugar & spare
- 25 yellow 2-peg phosphate & spare
- 9 red 3-peg adenine & spare
- 9 black 3-peg thymine & spare
- 5 green 4-peg cytosine & spare
- 5 silver 4-peg guanine & spare
- 75 clear, 1.25" covalent bonds & 3 spares
- 30 white, 2" hydrogen bonds & 2 spares
- Information about DNA
- Instructions for assembly
- Student response sheet
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More