Our Science Unlocked Wonder level kit, Super Seeds: Amazing Diversity of Seeds, is an exciting experience for the young botanist in your life!
Using the full-color student curriculum workbook, students will develop models demonstrating how multiple animals cause pollination and seed dispersal. Parents can easily follow along and support their student using our detailed teacher guide. Additionally, students will understand the relationship between seed diversity, and plant reproduction and growth.
The kit includes a full-color student worksheet and teacher guide, with detailed, step-by-step instructions for six activities designed to engage your student in seed diversity. The student experience has inquiry-based activities and assessments designed to enhance your students understanding of seeds. This kit will take just minutes to set up, but provide six or more hours of learning and fun. Both the teacher and student can jump right in and follow the student curriculum worksheet and teacher guide.
In this kit, the student will engage in these fun activities:
- Seed sorting to understand diversity
- Make a model creating a pollinator and demonstrate the process of pollination
- Demonstrate methods of seed dispersal by different animals
- Make a seed pod model and demonstrate seed pod "explosion"
- Remove the coat of a seed
- Make a model of the germination process, including the parts of the seed
- Learn more with several suggestions for activities to continue learning about pollination, seed dispersal, and seed diversity
This kit comes with a full-color Teacher guide and reproducible Student Workbook. Use this Super Seeds lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is the role of animals in the plant life cycle?
- How do plants disperse their seeds?
- Are seeds diverse?
- How does the diversity of seeds impact their life cycle?
Our Super Seeds kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Wonder series and is recommended for grades K-2.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
- Student Workbook
- Teacher Guide
- Yellow modeling dough
- Green modeling dough
- 3 plastic dishes
- Yellow pipe cleaner
- Black pipe cleaner
- White drawing paper
- Wildflower seeds
- 12 pieces of construction paper
- Lima bean seeds
- Foam cup
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More