Have you ever wondered what makes a plant grow? How do tiny seeds sprout into a thriving leafy plant? Our Science Unlocked Wonder level kit, Super Seeds: Amazing Diversity of Seeds, is an exciting experience for the curious sprouting botanist in your life!
Using the full-color student curriculum workbook, students will get hands-on experience germinating seeds and develop models demonstrating how multiple animals cause pollination and seed dispersal. Parents and educators can easily follow along and support their students using our detailed teacher guide. Additionally, students will understand the relationships between seed diversity and reproduction.
Super Seeds includes a full-color student workbook and teacher guide, with detailed, step-by-step instructions for six activities designed to engage your student in seed diversity. The student experience has inquiry-based science experiments and assessments designed to enhance your students' understanding of seed growth and diversity. This botany and plant sciences kit will take just minutes to set up, but provide six or more hours of learning and fun STEM activities. Both the teacher and student can jump right in and follow the student curriculum workbook and teacher guide for this seed germination experiment.
In this kit, the student will engage in these fun activities:
- Seed sorting to understand the diversity
- Make a model creating a pollinator and demonstrate the process of pollination
- Demonstrate methods of seed dispersal by different animals
- Make a seed pod model and demonstrate seed pod "explosion"
- Remove seed coats and model plant growth
- Make a model of the seed germination process, including the parts of the seed
- Learn more with several suggestions for activities to continue learning about pollination, seed dispersal, and seed diversity
This kit comes with a full-color Teacher guide and reproducible Student Workbook. Use this Super Seeds lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is the role of animals in the plant life cycle?
- How do plants disperse their seeds?
- Are seeds diverse?
- How does the diversity of seeds impact their life cycle?
- What type of seed grows the fastest?
Get your young biologist excited about growing plants! Use this kit as a prerequisite before studying photosynthesis. Your student will study the properties of different seeds to demonstrate what makes a plant grow. This kit takes a beginning look at the scientific method to walk students through one of their first science projects. No need to visit the grocery store; seeds are included in the kit! Lesson plans help you follow along with your student as they explore science hands-on!
Our Super Seeds kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Wonder series and is recommended for grades K-2.
This kit contains:
- Student Workbook
- Teacher Guide
- Yellow modeling dough
- Green modeling dough
- 3 plastic dishes
- Yellow pipe cleaner
- Black pipe cleaner
- White drawing paper
- Wildflower seeds
- 12 pieces of construction paper
- Lima bean seeds
- Foam cup
You will also need:
- Clear tape
- Coloring supplies
- Liquid glue
- Permanent marker
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More