This kit for Switched-on-Schoolhouse Science Grade 5 comes with the harder-to-locate materials you need for doing the labs, so everything will be together in one handy pack. Also for use with Monarch Science 5. You save 10%!
A microscope is recommended - we suggest the Home Microscope.
Note: This kit is intended for parent/teacher use to complete curriculum lab activities with students. It includes items that are not designed or intended primarily for children ages 12 and under.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Switched-On & Monarch 5 Science Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- Clay, 1/4 lb.
- Funnel, plastic, 65 mm dia.
- Graduated cylinder, plastic, 100ml
- Iodine solution (Lugol's) 30ml
- Jar, 4 oz, plastic, with lid
- Magnifying glass, 2" diameter
- Methylene blue, 1%, 15 ml
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- Plaster of paris, 4 oz.
- Ruler, 30 cm
- Scalpel, #22
- Seeds, corn, 15 g pack
- Seeds, lima bean, 15 g pack
- Basic microscope slide set: 12 plain slides, 2 concave slides, coverslips, and storage box
- Spring scale, 100 g/1 N
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More