Head into the lab for an in-depth investigation of genetics, the branch of biology focused on heredity and variation in organisms, and DNA - the acid that holds the blueprints for life.
With the Thames & Kosmos Genetics & DNA kit, you will:
- See genetic material with your own eyes as you isolate the DNA from a tomato in a test tube
- Investigate inheritance and learn how traits are passed down from parents to children
- Learn about dominant and recessive genes and play inheritance games to determine how traits will be expressed
- Learn about the biology of reproduction, the components of cells, and how chromosomes are combined and copied
- Assemble a model to see the elegant double-stranded helical structure of DNA, and then crack the genetic code and find out how the different parts, called nucleotides, fit together
- Analyze DNA evidence to identify suspects and solve a crime
- Breed your own bacteria colony to experiment with survival of the fittest
- Read about how mutation affects genes and how scientists clone plants and animals
Conduct 20 different experiments with the full-color, 48-page manual in this Thames & Kosmos Genetics & DNA kit. Intended for ages 10+. This biology kit is not to be used by children unless under adult supervision.
Check out these step-by-step video guides for:
- Take a look at this experiment manual sample for a sneak-peek!
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More