Why don't oil and water mix? How does a magnifying glass work? Kids will discover the answers to these questions and more with this hands-on Stepping Into Science kit from Thames & Kosmos!
The 29 fun experiments are sure to spark your kids' interest while provoking scientific thought and reasoning. As they conduct the science experiments inside, they will dive into an exploration of five key areas: nature, air, water, physics, and chemistry.
More specifically, this Stepping into Science kit will allow curious learners to:
- discover what plants need in order to grow;
- learn about plant propagation and watch plants sweat;
- find out how colors mix, how water climbs, how static electricity attracts, how a motion picture works, how a sundial tells time, and more;
- investigate air pressure, hovercraft, air flow, paper airplanes, and suction;
- write secret messages;
- mix oil and water;
- test displacement;
- experiment with evaporation;
- observe capillary action;
- and much more!
Use this Stepping into Science kit to launch your child into a lifetime of scientific investigation and hands-on learning!
The illustrated 48-page guidebook teaches science fundamentals with step-by-step instructions and experiments, while also giving children an engaging introduction to the scientific method.
Includes most items for the activities; you provide some household items. Parental involvement is needed for some experiments.
A Parent's Choice Approved Award Winner!
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Stepping into Science Kit
- Plastic petri dish
- Magnifying glass
- 7 Plastic straws
- Small Terra Cotta pot
- 2 Measuring cups and lids
- Rubber bands
- Styrofoam ball, disc and boat
- Paper bags
- Paper clips
- Suction cup
- Blotting paper
- Soap bubble ring
- Modeling clay
- Wool thread
- 2 Pipettes
- Garden seeds
- Printed cardboard cutouts
- Illustrated 48-page guidebook
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More