Inflate balloons, hydrate silica, and chew bubblegum on your way to learn to convert between moles, mass, and particles with ease – it’s all part of the wonderful world of stoichiometry! Have fun with several meaningful activities, including using chemistry to inflate balloons, comparing the masses and numbers of objects, making silica hydrated but not wet, finding the number of sugar molecules in gum, and calculating a limiting reactant.
This Launch level kit includes a full-color student workbook and a detailed teacher guide, with step-by-step instructions for both hands-on and reading-based activities designed to engage students in mass-particle relationships and mole ratios. Both teacher and student will be able to open the box and start within minutes, and the kit will provide over 17 hours of engaging learning.
In this kit, the student will engage in these fun activities:
- Use different ratios in a chemical reaction to blow up balloons.
- Use a scale to study the connection between mass and molecules.
- Study chemical formulas and more ratios by hydrated silica packets.
- Using your mole knowledge, solve several stoichiometry problems (and chew gum!).
- Learn how limiting reactants affect what happens in chemical reactions.
Use The Mighty Mole lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is a limiting reactant?
- How are mass and molecules connected?
- How are moles used to count atoms and measure mass?
- How are chemical formulas determined through experimentation?
- Why is the ratio of elements and compounds in a chemical reaction important?
Our Mighty Mole kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Launch series and is recommended for grades 8-12.
This kit contains:
- 1 Baking soda, food grade, 450 g
- 7 Balloons, 9-inch
- 10 Beads, green
- 1 Black permanent marker
- 3 Bubblegum, individually wrapped
- 1 Digital scale, 600-g capacity
- 10 Lead BB shots
- 10 Metal nuts, ¼ inch
- 6 Plastic bottle, 60 mL
- 5 Plastic graduated cups
- 5 Silica gel packets
- 1 Skittles™, fun size
- 1 Tape measure, flexible
- 1 Vinegar, white food grade, 32 oz
- 1 Wooden splints, pack of 5
You will also need:
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More