Compound, Digital & Stereo Microscopes for sale: kids, teenagers, students, and professionals.
Discover the bustling world of life that exists beyond the naked eye. Browse microscope activities and projects that reveal the tiny mysteries all around us. Make your own slides, see how microscopes help solve crimes & more!
When you're looking at microscopes for sale, you have a lot to consider. Is a compound microscope what you need, or is a stereo microscope the way to go? Is the price of a name brand worth it? Or can you get the same product quality for less money? Is there a difference between microscopes for kids and those for teenagers? What type of eyepiece and objective lenses, phase contrast, light source, electron beam, total magnification, and different angles should you be considering?
We get it! Investing in a children's microscope is an important decision—for your budget and their education. And we can help.
Whether you need student microscopes for life science experiments, full biological microscope systems for high school, or hobbyist microscopes for weekend projects, we offer high-quality equipment for investigating small objects and the microscopic world around you.
So what type of microscope are you looking for? Here are just a few options, and some of our best sellers:
- Compound microscopes (great for brightfield microscopy)
- Digital microscopes
- Light microscopes and fluorescence microscopes (optical microscopes)
- Dissecting microscopes
- Monocular, Binocular, and Trinocular microscopes
In addition to our selection of affordable microscopes for sale, we also offer a wealth of free resources. Find worksheets and experiments, a helpful diagram, a gift guide, a brief history of microscopes, and more. Our simple microscopes and free resources bring you into the world of light microscopy as you've never seen before!
Depending on your needs, the first microscope type you buy could also be your last. Or if you're looking to upgrade, we have professional models for sale, too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much is a microscope? The cost of a microscope can vary greatly, depending on the type of microscope you're looking for.
- You can get an excellent portable pocket microscope for less than $20.
- Beginner, toy-like microscopes for kids, such as the Geosafari My First Microscope, are available for as low as $20.
- Our high-quality, easy-to-use home microscopes (perfect for home use & last a lifetime) range from around $200 -$340.
- Our selection of laboratory microscopes ranges anywhere from $300 to nearly $1,400.
- What are 3 types of microscopes? There are many types of microscopes out there, including compound microscopes, stereo or dissecting microscopes, and digital microscopes. Not sure where to begin? Use our Microscope Buying Guide to find the perfect microscope type and model for you!
- What is a good microscope? For anyone looking for a brand new microscope, or maybe even their first microscope ever, we highly recommend our affordable, durable, and easy-to-use Home LED Microscope. This 5-star microscope model is a customer favorite! With it, you'll get the same quality and features as other fine high-school-level microscopes, but at a much more affordable price. Its ease-of-use and high-quality components make it a great choice for students, science-lovers, and hobbyists of all ages!