This elementary-level science kit contains the materials to do most of the experiments in Apologia's Exploring Creation with Botany course, 2nd edition. This kit is not compatible with the 1st edition of Apologia's Botany curriculum. Explore the fascinating plant kingdom as you watch seeds germinate, preserve flowers, and more!
Designed to provide engaging, educational, and kid-friendly activities for your children, the Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, course contains more than 75 different activities and projects. These hands-on activities can be completed with this Apologia Botany kit, along with some easy-to-find household items.
Some of the activities inside the Apologia Botany course include:
- Creating a Nature Journal
- Making a Tree Field Guide
- Building a Light Hut
- Preserving Flowers
- Growing Edible Mushrooms
- Creating a Garden Journal
- Designing a Garden Plan
- And More!
This kit contains hard-to-find supplies for most of the activities in Apologia's Botany curriculum, excluding experiments from the following chapters:
- Chapter 4 – Hummingbird Feeder
- Chapter 6 – Leaf Preservation
- Chapter 13 – Moss Growth
- Chapter 14 – Composter Build
Note: This kit is intended for parent/teacher use to complete curriculum lab activities with students. It includes items that are not designed or intended primarily for children ages 12 and under.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Apologia Botany Science Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- 1 Bulb, fluorescent spiral, 13-15 watt
- 1 Bulb Socket with Cord & Switch
- Sweet Basil Seeds, 1 pack
- 6 Clear Plastic Cups, 9 oz
- Food Coloring, 4 colors
- 12 Ziplock Bags (5 x 7 in, 2 mil)
- 2 Ziplock Bags (9 x 12 in, 2 mil)
- Baby Lima Bean Seeds, 2 Packs
- Sodium Tetraborate (Borax), 100 g
- Peat Moss, 120 cubic in.
- 2 Sterile Swab Applicators
- 1 Magnifying Glass, 2", 3X Lens
- 2 Bamboo Skewers, 6"
- 2 Tea Light Candles
- 1 Glass Jar, 16 oz
- Modeling Clay, 1/4 lb
- 5 Styrofoam Cups with Lids, 8 oz
- 1 Flexible Tape Measure, 150 cm
- Water Gel Powder, 4 oz
- 5 Medium Balloons, 9"
- Yellow Construction Paper
- 5 Yeast Packets
- 1 Plastic Powder Funnel, 80 mm diameter
Note: While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items, like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More