Apologia's Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, contains updated & revised content, graphics, illustrations, and activities. This elementary course provides your child with a God-honoring study of botany.
It pairs perfectly with:
- The redesigned botany notebooking journal (also 2nd edition)
- Our updated botany lab kit, which contains most of the supplies needed to conduct the experiments inside
Throughout this elementary botany course, your child will:
- receive an overview of botany;
- grow in their knowledge of seeds, flowers, pollination, fruits, leaves, roots & stems of plants;
- plant a raised garden (doesn't require a lot of room; modify to your needs) that they design themselves;
- explore & discover how food is produced;
- and more!
From Apologia's Website:
"This course is designed to be done 2 days a week, approximately 1 hour each day. The suggested daily schedule, found in the student Notebooking Journal, is for 28 weeks. We suggest you modify this schedule to fit your family’s specific needs.
Each lesson should take approximately 1 hour. Some lessons have activities or outdoor adventures, which will require more time.
We recommend that you spend the entire school year covering this book, devoting approximately two sessions per week to the course.
Please note that many of the activities and projects in this book are long term with results that can take several days to observe. Thus, you will have to be flexible in how you schedule your time.
Features of this Course Include:
- Increased focus on nature journaling
- New chapters on gardening and mycology
- Wide variety of new and updated activities to fit any writing level and learning style
- Engaging and fun Minibooks to illustrate and assemble
- All new spectacular photos and graphics
- A Suggested Daily Schedule that makes lesson planning a breeze
- Improved layout that is more user-friendly, regardless of the climate in which you live"
Designed to provide engaging, educational, and kid-friendly activities for your children, the Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, course contains more than 75 different activities and projects. These hands-on activities can be completed with easy-to-find household items.
Some of the activities inside this botany course include:
- Creating a Nature Journal
- Making a Tree Field Guide
- Building a Light Hut
- Preserving Flowers
- Growing Edible Mushrooms
- Creating a Garden Journal
- Designing a Garden Plan
- And More!
Not looking for the newest edition? We also carry Apologia's Exploring Creation with Botany Textbook, 1st edition.
Click on the link below to look through some sample pages!
- Take a peek inside! Course & Textbook Sample Pages
The Lessons Inside Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, Include:
- Nature Journaling
- The Science of Botany
- Seeded and Seedless Plants
- Grouping Plants
- Seeds and Germination
- Angiosperms – Flowering Plants
- Flower Families
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Leaves, Photosynthesis, Transpiration
- Roots and Root Systems
- Seedless & Vascular Plants
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More