Save time finding lab materials with this BJU Earth Science Lab Kit, designed for the activities inside the BJU Press Earth Science 8 Lab Manual, 5th edition. These items allow you to do hands-on experiments that reinforce the science concepts and principles taught in the BJU Earth Science course.
With the materials inside this BJU Earth Science Lab Kit, students can dive into a hands-on exploration of science topics such as:
- maps and mapping,
- the changing earth,
- volcanoes and volcanism,
- weathering and erosion,
- ocean exploration,
- Earth's atmosphere,
- our solar system,
- and much more!
Please note: A digital balance (not included) is required for some of the lab activities. Expand the 'Contents' tab below for a complete list of included items!
WARNING: This product can expose you to Respirable crystalline silica (sand dust), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
BJU Earth Science Lab Kit Contents:
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
*Please note that the "Curriculum Reference and Comments" column in the order form refers to activity numbers in the corresponding activity manual, NOT the course textbook. This kit has been designed to pair with the student activity manual, and will not work with the textbook alone.
- Chemical Splash Safety Goggles, Adult
- Gloves, Nitrile, Medium
- Lab Apron No. 2, heavy vinyl, 8 mil
- Density Cylinders Set of 4
- Graduated Cylinder, polypropylene, 25 ml
- Pipet, disposable, 1 ml, 10 pack
- Glycerin, 30 ml
- Protractor, 6" semi-circle
- String, heavy cord, 25'
- Washers, 1" diameter, each
- Tape Measure, Flexible, 150 cm
- Clay, modeling, 1/4 lb. (2)
- Wooden Splints, 5 pack
- Alum, 100 g
- Magnesium Sulfate, 100 g (Epsom salt)
- Food Coloring, 4 colors
- Magnifying Glass, 2", 3X Lens
- Classroom Collection of Rocks and Minerals, 50 Specimens
- Plate, ceramic, 1x2"
- Plate, glass, 2x2"
- Support Stand, 4" x 6" base, 18" rod
- Extension Clamp, 10"
- Right Angle Clamp
- Bar Magnets, 1.2" ceramic, 2 pack
- Pebbles, fine gravel, 1 lb.
- Sand, fine, 1 lb.
- Clay, coarse powder, 1 lb.
- Powder Funnel, plastic, 80 mm diameter
- Hydrochloric Acid, 100 ml
- Bottle, 60 ml (2 oz), amber glass, Boston round
- Graduated Cylinder, polypropylene, 250 ml
- Plaster of Paris, 4 oz.
- Watch Glass, 100 mm
- Stirring Rod, glass, 10"
- Hydrometer and Thermometer for Saltwater
- Funnel, plastic, 65 mm dia.
- Nitrate & Nitrite Test Strips, 5 pack
- Phosphate Test Strips, 5 pack
- Test Tubes, large 16 x 150 mm, 2/pack
- Rubber Stopper, #0, solid
- Rubber Stopper, #10, 1-hole
- Glass Tube, 5 mm, 12" long
- Plastic Student Thermometer
- Foam Pinning Board, 8x12
- Dowel, 1/4", 12" long
- Screw, flat head, #8 x 3/4"
- Cheesecloth, bleached
- Compass, magnetic, 1.5"
- Tape Measure, Steel, 3 meters
- Construction paper, white
- Dissection Pins, 6 pack
- Balloon, long, 10"
While this BJU Earth Science Lab Kit conveniently contains most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, it does not include some common household items or more expensive items, like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More