Hungry for Change makes connections between populations and the environment! Are plastics truly with us forever? How do plastics impact our ecosystems? The Accelerate level Science Unlocked curriculum kit, Hungry for Change, is an in-depth experience for a young biologist or conservationist.
In this kit, your kiddos will learn about a unique animal that can safely eat polystyrene and its life cycle. No need to visit the pet store, this kit even includes a pre-paid coupon for 30 mealworms shipped free to you! Hungry for Change comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook and Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in mealworms and their eating habits. Through a series of experiments, students will become absorbed in life cycles, from larva to adult, and food webs, including how plastics impact ecosystems. As part of a special program from Home Science Tools, this Accelerate level kit will provide over 8 hours of knowledge and mealworm science experiments, educating your student about an amazing animal that can break down plastics on our planet and how the relationships between species are impacted by plastics.
In this kit, the student will engage in these engaging science experiments:
- Discover an amazing animal that can eat plastics
- Learn about the life stages and growth cycles of living creatures
- Understand the relationships species have with one another
- Explore the trophic level pyramid to learn how animals obtain food source
- Play a game to better understand what impacts ecosystems
- Complete a multi-week experiment on a set of mealworms
Use this Hungry for Change lab kit to answer questions such as:
- How do species interact with one another?
- What is a life cycle?
- How do plastics impact ecosystems?
- How do changes to ecosystems impact species populations?
Grab your magnifying glass and watch mealworm pupa grow before your eyes with this exciting life science kit! These mealworm experiments are a fun science activity for elementary and middle school students. Our Hungry for Change kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
Scissors safety: Get an adult's help for cutting thicker materials like cardboard and plastic. Always cut away from your body.
This kit contains:
- Colored pencils
- Drawing paper
- Foam cup
- Mealworm Coupon
- Measuring tape
You will also need:
- Plant matter (small amounts of leaves, vegetables, or fruit)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More