Whether a rock tumbling hobbyist or pro, you can get professional rock polishing results with this high-quality Lortone tumbler and deluxe rock tumbling kit!
PLEASE NOTE: Availability of Lortone tumblers from the manufacturer is extremely limited and intermittent. We are working hard to provide accurate expected dates and availability information but cannot guarantee availability at all times.
Or, consider a comparable kit at a lower price with HST's very own rock tumbler kit.
Lortone is known for their quiet, durable, and high-quality rock tumblers; this Lortone model 3A tumbler can hold up to 3 pounds of rock at once for large quantity tumbling. To tumble twice that amount, check out our Deluxe Double-Barrel Rock Tumbler Kit, which comes with Lortone's double-barrel 33B tumbler.
This Lortone rock tumbler polish kit has everything you need to get started:
- the single-barrel Lortone 3A rotary rock tumbler (with a 3-pound capacity barrel)
- 2 pounds of select tumbling rock mix (with 1"-3" specimens)
- pre-measured quantities of four polishing grits
- detailed Lortone rock tumbling step-by-step instructions to ensure excellent results
The Lortone 3A rock tumbler features a patented rubber barrel with quick-seal cover and a powerful continuous-duty electric motor. The tight-sealing rubber barrel not only transforms rough rock into beautifully polished pieces, but it also provides extra sound absorption for quieter operation. This rock polisher is capable of running 24 hours per day for years.
A rotary tumbler has the advantages of removing all the rough edges to produce nicely rounded corners and also is suitable for tumbling hard minerals. It typically takes 4-6 weeks to completely polish a batch of rocks. Includes a one year warranty from Lortone.
WARNING: This product can expose you to respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- 3-pound capacity Lortone 3A tumbler
- Quiet, sturdy, and simple to operate
- Durable rubber barrel is 4.5" in diameter and 5" long
- Barrel is easy to open and close and seals tightly
- Continuous duty 110-volt AC motor is capable of running 24 hours per day for years
- 2 pounds of tumbling rock (sizes range from 1-3") that polish to a high-luster shine and include specimens like agate, chalcedony, jasper, petrified wood, rose quartz, snow quartz, quartzite, and a variety of other rocks and minerals
- Four grit packs pre-measured for a 3-pound rock tumbler and including coarse, medium/fine, pre-polish, and polish grits
- Includes 21pp. Professional Gemstone Tumbling booklet that explains step-by-step how to tumble rocks and gemstones with many helpful hints
- Includes Lortone 3A rotary tumbler operating instruction booklet
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More