This National Optical stereo microscope provides you with either 10x or 30x magnification by simply rotating the 1x/3x objective turret. Use it to look at tiny water protozoa, mineral crystals, insects, and more. Everything takes on a new, fascinating aspect when viewed up-close with a stereo microscope!
This dual-magnification stereo microscope is designed specifically for educational use. It has all of the features and versatility of larger stereo model in a more compact, student friendly size.
The key features of this stereo microscope include a stereo binocular head for 3D unreversed specimen viewing, 360° rotating head for convenient viewing, dependable rack and pinion focusing, post-mount frame for maximum specimen flexibility, and top and bottom tungsten lighting to give you the best view of specimens. It stands 12" tall. National Optical model 446TBL-10 with a lifetime warranty.
National Optical has a long-standing reputation for providing top-quality, reliable microscopes and the 446TBL-10 is a popular stereo microscope model used in many middle and high schools. This model is also available with 20x/40x magnification.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Paired WF10x widefield inclined eyepieces
- Binocular head is inclined 45° and rotates 360° for convenient viewing; features left diopter (±5 diopters) and 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment to compensate for differences between your eyes
- Rotating turret has dual 1x and 3x objectives (for 10x and 30x magnification); change magnification by rotating the objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- Objectives are parcentered, parfocalled, and achromatic to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification
- True stereoscopic imaging provides three-dimensional viewing
- Field of view is 20mm at 10x and 6.6mm at 30x
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing, with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Working distance is 75mm and maximum specimen height is 60mm on-stage; post-mount design allows use with larger specimens to approximately 120mm off-stage
- Two 80mm stage plates: one reversible black/white stage plate for contrast with light and dark specimens and translucent stage plate for use with bottom lighting
- Locked-on stage clips
- Top and bottom high-intensity lighting are both standard 10-watt tungsten with rocker switches that allows top lighting, bottom lighting, or both top and bottom simultaneously
- Rugged metal base and frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes operating instructions, rubber eyeshields, and a dust cover
- Replacement tungsten bulbs available
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More