This National Optical model DC5-420TH digital stereo zoom microscope features superb optics and precision mechanics, making it an excellent choice for lab, industrial, and university use! The built-in 3.0 megapixel digital camera provides clear, high-resolution still and video images. The zoom microscope delivers magnification from 10x to 40x and every point in between.
This package includes the National Optical top-of-the-line model 420TH lab-quality stereo microscope with built-in 1/2" CMOS chip digital camera, imaging software, and USB cable. The CMOS camera produces an incredible 3.0 megapixel image with 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution at up to 11 frames per second. Top-quality Motic Images 2.0 ML Plus software is included to view, capture, edit, record, count, zoom, file, and manage images.
The deluxe stereoscopic head has paired widefield 10x inclined eyepieces and it rotates 360° for viewing ease. Each eyepiece has a diopter to correct for vision dissimilarity with your eyes and interpupillary adjustment to perfectly match the distance between your eyes. The objective lens fully adjusts from 1x to 4x (10x to 40x magnification) by rotating the zoom adjustment knob. The superb optics provide an upright, un-reversed 3-dimensional image which remains in focus throughout the zoom range.
Other features include smooth and solid rack and pinion focusing, slip clutch, tension adjustment, large stable base, and extra rugged construction. The post-mount design provides ultimate flexibility in how the microscope is used, allowing the largest specimen size on of off stage. This stereo microscope is equipped with 15-watt halogen top lighting with directional control and rheostat for superb contrast control. Bottom lighting is 10-watt halogen and includes a built-in blue light filter. Light switches mounted on the base allow you to choose between using top or bottom lighting only or both at the same time.
This microscope comes with rubber eyeshields, dust cover, USB cable, and instructions. National Optical Model DC5-420TH. Lifetime warranty for microscope, one-year camera warranty, 90-day software warranty.
Note: If you order additional 20x stereo eyepieces to double the magnification, they will only increase the magnification when you are actually looking into the microscope. The additional eyepieces will not increase the magnification on the built-in camera, so you would still only get 10-40X magnification when looking at the image on your computer screen.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Paired 10x widefield 45° inclined eyepieces
- Dual diopter adjustments and interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm.
- Fully adjustable 1x-4x zoom objective provides parcentered, parfocalled images from 10 to 40x and every magnification in between.
- All lenses are achromatic, color-corrected.
- Field of view ranges from 20mm at 10x to 5mm at 40x.
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing with large dual focusing knobs.
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focus mechanism.
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus "drift".
- Post-mount design provides ultimate flexibility and allows specimens to be placed on or off stage.
- Working distance is 79mm and maximum specimen height is 93mm.
- 80mm reversible black/white contrast stage plate; 80mm translucent plate; mounted stage clips.
- Built-in blue filter for bottom light is located under the stage plate.
- Top light is 12-volt, 15-watt halogen, bi-pin with directional beam and rheostat control. Replacement bulb available.
- Bottom light is 12-volt, 10-watt halogen bi-pin. Replacement bulb available.
- Base mounted light controls permit choice of top only, bottom only, or dual illumination.
- Large, full-size professional frame with heavy-duty post mount for maximum flexibility.
- Built-in DC power converter operates at 100-220 volt 50/60Hz current
- Lifetime microscope warranty.
- National Optical Model DC5-420TH.
Camera and Software
- 1/2 inch CMOS imaging chip
- 2048x1536 pixel maximum resolution (3.0 megapixel)
- Video is 30 frames/second at 640x480 pixels, 15 frames/second at 1280x1024 pixels, 11 frames/second at 2048x1536 pixels
- 3 lux minimum illumination
- White balance button located on camera
- Includes calibration slide
- Includes USB 2.0 cable to connect camera directly to your PC
- Motic Images 2000 Plus software provides the following functions: image capture, video capture, image measurement, image edit and enhancement, image and file management, distant image sharing, sound recording, image zoom, image amalgamation, and report generating.
- Minimum PC and Mac computer compatibility requirements: 1Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB video card, 1 GB hard drive space, Windows XP or Mac OSX or above, USB 2.0 port, and CD-ROM drive
- One-year camera warranty and 90-day software warranty.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More