Our Standard Organic Chemistry Glassware Set has standard taper ground glass joints & provides the laboratory glassware needed to perform distillation, synthesis, and other organic chemistry processes. The 24/29 standard taper ground joints allow the different pieces to fit together with only glass in contact with the chemicals. Because of this, nothing contaminates the organic chemistry process.
This organic chemistry glassware set includes 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml, and 500 ml round bottom boiling flasks (one of each size), a 300 mm Graham condenser, a 300 mm distilling cylinder, a 250 ml separatory funnel, a Claisen adapter, a 75° distilling head, a 105° vacuum receiving tube, a thermometer jacket tube, two glass stoppers, and eight plastic joint clips.
Search beyond the short-lasting plasticware and set yourself up for endless organic chemistry labs! This 21-piece glassware set affords various organic chemistry process configurations. The glass labware and components in this organic chemistry kit are high-quality GG17 borosilicate glass with a low coefficient of thermal expansion, meaning the glassware will withstand typical laboratory thermal variations common to chemistry processes like heating and cooling. Standard taper ground joint glassware is customary for organic chemistry. A thin film of silicone grease or a layer of PTFE tape on the joint creates a leak-proof connection, even under vacuum or modest pressure, while plastic joint clips tightly hold connections together.
The standard taper ground glass joints are the international standard 24/29, which means 24 mm in diameter at the widest part of the joint with a standard taper that is 29 mm long. These pieces also fit with the US standard 24/40 ground joints with the same 24 mm diameter and standard taper, but at 40 mm long.
Complete your distillation set-up by ordering a few additional items separately: support stands and clamps, a burner, a thermometer and stopper, and condenser tubing.
To fill your chemistry lab with even more high-quality lab glassware, order our Deluxe Organic Chemistry Glassware Set!
NOTE: Actual product may vary from the one pictured due to differences in suppliers.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Our Standard Organic Chemistry Glassware Set Includes:
- 50 ml round bottom flask (51 mm OD, 105 mm high, 24/29 joint)
- 100 ml round bottom flask (65 mm OD, 117 mm high, 24/29 joint)
- 250 ml round bottom flask (88 mm OD, 147 mm high, 24/29 joint)
- 500 ml round bottom flask (110 mm OD, 175 mm high, 24/29 joint)
- 300 mm Graham condenser (37 mm OD, 420 mm long, 350 cm2 cooling area, 24/29 joints, 10 mm OD tubing connections)
- 300 mm distilling tube (27 mm OD, 400 mm long, 24/29 joints)
- 250 ml separatory funnel (55 mm OD, 340 mm long, 24/29 joints)
- Claisen adapter (142 mm high, 100 mm wide, 24/29 joints)
- 75° distilling head (155 mm high, 97 mm wide, 24/29 joints)
- 105° vacuum receiving tube (145 mm high, 110 mm wide, 24/29 joints, 10 mm OD tubing connection)
- Thermometer jacket tube (110 mm high, thermometer and #2 stopper with hole sold separately)
- Two (2) glass stoppers (24/29 joint)
- Eight (8) plastic joint clips (for 24 mm connections)
- Storage box (also used for shipping) with foam insert cut to hold each piece of glassware
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More