With this Thames & Kosmos Crystals, Rocks & Minerals Kit, young scientists can make their own geodes, grow their own crystals and gemstones, learn about crystal shapes, find a magnetic rock, test rock properties, learn all about the rock cycle, and more!
Use this creative earth science and crystal growing kit to inspire and engage any child interested in geology, mineralogy, and crystal growing science.
This engaging crystal and rock starter kit includes:
- all the materials needed to make a plaster cast and then grow seed crystals inside to create your own colorful geode
- 12 igneous and metamorphic rock and mineral specimens, such as granite, marble, pumice, soapstone, and quartz
- a 32-page project guide
- and more!
Please note: A few common household items are needed in addition to the materials and supplies inside this Thames & Kosmos kit.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Crystals, Rocks & Minerals Kit
- Rocks: granite, limestone, basalt, marble, pumice, soapstone
- Minerals: calcite, pyrite, hematite, quartz, fluorite, magnetite
- Magnifying lens
- Die-cut sheet
- Rock cycle sheet
- Wooden probe
- Geode mold
- Food coloring
- Measuring scoop
- Plastic lid opener
- Small specimen box
- Wooden spatula
- Large plastic measuring cup with lid
- Small plastic measuring cup
- Potassium hexacyanoferrate
- Citric acid
- Project guide
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More