Explore the good, the bad, and the ugly impacts of electromagnetic radiation. Engage in memorable physics activities using UV color changing beads!
This kit includes a full-color student worksheet and detailed teacher guide, with step-by-step instructions for five activities (plus extras!) designed to engage your student in electromagnetic radiation. The student experience has inquiry-based activities and assessments designed to enhance your student’s understanding of physics and the world around them.
Both teacher and student will be able to open the box and start within minutes, but the kit will provide over 15 hours of education and entertainment.
In this kit, the student will engage in these fun activities:
- Explore light outside the visible spectrum.
- Test methods of protection to determine how to best protect yourself from UV radiation.
- Explore light as both a wave and a particle.
- Discover a beneficial application of UV radiation.
- Discover the other types of radiation on the electromagnetic spectrum.
Use this UV Defenders lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is the electromagnetic spectrum?
- Are there other forms of light beyond visible light?
- How is light both a particle and a wave?
- Can UV radiation be both dangerous and beneficial to humans?
- Agar, 6g
- Bead color spectrum sheet
- Black construction paper
- 100 color changing beads
- Pack of 32 matches
- 2 petri dishes
- Solar eclipse viewing glasses
- Sunscreen packet
- 4 swab applicators
- UV black light
On hand, you will want to have:
- 4 AA batteries
- Glass cup
- Oven mitts
- Permanent marker
- Sunscreen (personal brand preference)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More