This Apologia Biology Dissection Lab Kit is a time-saving choice for your homeschooling needs! It contains everything needed for four optional high quality, hands-on homeschool dissection labs in Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology course, 3rd edition, including:
- dissecting tools
- a dissection guide
- 4 preserved dissection specimens (packaged separately)
Note that this homeschool dissection kit can also be used for the 2nd edition of Apologia's biology curriculum. Expand the 'Contents' tab below for a complete list of included items.
This Apologia biology lab kit provides materials for an essential part of Apologia's Biology course. For an even more well-rounded Apologia biology lab kit experience, pair this kit with one of the following:
You can order this Apologia biology kit now - even if you will be doing the dissections later in the year. This kit also goes well with the Bob Jones HomeSat biology course. If you're not using this kit with Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology curriculum, you'll need to order the perch, crayfish, and worm dissection guides, which are part of the curriculum, separately. This kit includes only the frog dissection guide.
If you want only the dissection specimens, you can order them individually: frog, perch, crayfish & worm.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Apologia Biology Dissection Kit
This kit includes the following items:
- 1 Advanced dissecting tool set:
- 1 Dissecting tool case
- 1 Stainless steel forceps
- 6 Dissection pins
- 1 Medicine dropper
- 1 Ruler, 15 cm
- 3 #22 scalpel blades
- 1 Stainless #4 scalpel handle
- 1 Fine point dissecting scissors
- 1 Curved teasing needle
- 1 Straight teasing needle
- 1 Dissection pan
- 1 Home Science Tools Frog Dissection Guide
- 1 Frog preserved specimen
- 1 Perch preserved specimen
- 1 Crayfish preserved specimen
- 1 Earthworm preserved specimen
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit content guide for items you might wish to order separately.