This Apologia Biology Dissection Lab Kit is a time-saving choice for your homeschooling needs! It contains everything needed for four optional high quality, hands-on homeschool dissection labs in Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology course, 3rd edition, including:
- dissecting tools
- a dissection guide
- 4 preserved dissection specimens (packaged separately)
Note that this homeschool dissection kit can also be used for the 2nd edition of Apologia's biology curriculum. Expand the 'Contents' tab below for a complete list of included items; you can also look at the kit order form to see exactly what's inside!
This Apologia biology lab kit provides materials for an essential part of Apologia's Biology course. For an even more well-rounded Apologia biology lab kit experience, pair this kit with one of the following:
- Biology Microscope Slide Set
- Microscope Kit for Apologia Biology (includes the same 16 slides in the slide set linked above, along with several other items)
You can order this Apologia biology kit now - even if you will be doing the dissections later in the year. This kit also goes well with the Bob Jones HomeSat biology course. If you're not using this kit with Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology curriculum, you'll need to order the perch, crayfish, and worm dissection guides, which are part of the curriculum, separately. This kit includes only the frog dissection guide.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Apologia Biology Dissection Kit
(This kit includes the following items. Download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- 15-Piece Advanced Dissecting Tool Set (including forceps, scalpel, dissection pan, and t-pins)
- 10x7' Dissecting Pan
- Full-Color Photographic Frog Dissection Guide, 4 pages
- Four Preserved Specimens: frog, perch, crayfish, and earthworm
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More