Get Apologia's softcover Exploring Creation with Biology Textbook along with its Tests & Answer Key - both updated to the 3rd and newest edition. This homeschool Apologia biology course for high school is part of Apologia’s award-winning Exploring Creation Series. Designed to increase retention, Exploring Creation with Biology, 3rd edition, emphasizes vocabulary and experiments, and covers everything your children need to be fully prepared for a college-level biology course.
There are 3 types of (updated) experiments inside:
- Microscope Labs (require a microscope, as well as prepared & blank slides)
- Dissection Labs (require additional dissection kit with specimens)
- Household Labs (only use common household items)
The included softbound Apologia Biology Solutions and Tests Manual (answer key) contains answers to the study guides, tests, and test solutions inside the textbook.
A set of test pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual. Please Note: Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.
From Apologia's Website:
"In this course, your student will:
- See the evidence of God’s creation as they learn scientific principles
- Conduct experiments in a methodical way that prepares them not just for future classes, but for life
- Take personal notes, conduct and record experiments, and be able to interpret results
- Develop skills to think through and beyond the textbook materials, and be able to create their own experiments from concept to interpretation of results
- Further develop skills in their own learning style and how they best process, record, study, and retain information learned
- Be able to hold a logical discussion on God and science based on facts and beliefs"
In the 3rd Edition, your student will find:
- Updated content to present the most current science
- A reorganized structure of the information, which helps students logically progress through their biological studies
- Experiments which have been updated or replaced, and the addition of new experiments
- New illustrations and infographics that help students break down and visually digest difficult concepts, in addition to updated images and illustrations
- New content, including a new section on photosynthesis and a new section on diseases.
- An overhaul of the section on genetics, including more information on DNA"
Equip your student to more fully process and comprehend the concepts in this course with the:
- perfectly complementing Biology Notebook
- our specially bundled lab kits, designed specifically for this course, and filled with many of the supplies needed to do the experiments inside:
Not looking for the newest edition? We also carry Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology Textbook & Solutions Manual bundle, 2nd edition.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a peek inside! Course Sample Pages
This Apologia Biology Course Covers the Following Topics:
- The Science of Life
- The processes of science, including what scientists do, the scientific method, the tools of science and the limitations of science
- The Chemistry of Life
- The composition of matter, the properties of water, lipids, proteins, and enzymes
- Ecosystems, biomes, populations, and communities
- Cell Structure and Function
- Characteristics of all cells
- Cellular Energy
- Energy of all cells
- DNA, Proteins, and the Cell Cycle
- DNA replication, protein synthesis, and cell cycle & cellular reproduction
- Mendelian genetics, inheritance patterns, human genetics, and gene technologies
- Charles Darwin, micro and macroevolution, the geological column, and fossil record evidence
- Prokaryotes and Viruses
- Classification, Archaea, Bacteria, and Viruses
- Protists and Fungi
- Characteristics and classification
- Plant Diversity and Reproduction
- Classifying plants and life cycle
- Plant Structure and Function
- Plant anatomy and physiology, transporting water and nutrients, plant growth, hormones, and responses
- Animals – Invertebrates (part 1)
- Characteristics and diversity
- Animals – Invertebrates (part 2)
- Animals – Chordates (part 1)
- Characteristics and diversity
- Animals – Chordates (part 2)
- Birds and mammals
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More