Help students learn about earth science and biology. Get the most out of their microscope labs with this Apologia Biology Microscope lab kit! This kit comes with microscope slides and other items needed for the microscope portion of Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology course, 3rd edition.
To make this biology kit and your science experiences more impactful and affordable, we provide an Ascaris (roundworm) slide instead of the more expensive whitefish blastodisc one. Both show animal mitosis, but the Ascaris slide actually shows the stages more clearly!
This Apologia biology lab kit provides the materials for an essential part of Apologia's Biology course. For an even more well-rounded Apologia biology lab kit experience, pair this with the Dissection Kit for Apologia Biology.
If you are ordering this kit, you do not need to order the Apologia Prepared Slide Set in addition. If you are looking for to create your own biology slides, be sure to browse our blank slides before checkout.
If you are looking for materials for Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology course, 2nd edition simply order this science lab kit along with our Chick Embryo Study Guide.
A microscope is required to do the microscope labs in this Apologia biology lab kit. Here are two excellent recommendations:
- We recommend our affordable Home Microscope - a best-seller and a very popular choice for homeschool families! It's sturdy, easy-to-use, features long-life, variable-intensity LED lighting & allows observers to see intricate cell details
- Apologia recommends the National Optical Advanced Microscope - a more expensive, but also excellent, option
You can also check out our Selecting a Microscope guide for further help and insight when choosing a microscope that best meets your family's needs.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Apologia Biology Microscope Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- Ascaris Mitosis
- Allium (onion) Root Tip
- Amoeba Proteus
- Diatoms (marine)
- Ficus (dicot) Leaf with Vein
- Grantia (sponge) Spicules
- Hydra (budding)
- Planaria (injected)
- Ranunculus (dicot) Stem
- Ranunculus (dicot) Root
- Zea Mays (monocot) Stem
- Zea Mays (monocot) Root
- Iodine Solution (Lugol's) 30ml
- Lens Cleaning Paper, 50/pack
- Methylene Blue, 1%, 15 ml
- 4 Pipets (medicine droppers)
- Slide Coverslips, student
- 12 Plain Glass Slides
- 12 Concave Slides
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More