This spiral-bound notebooking journal is a perfect complement to Apologia's Exploring Creation with Botany course, 2nd Edition. Specifically designed for elementary students, this notebook can be easily used with multiple ages within a family or co-op. It's pages are filled with numerous fun, interactive, and hands-on activities that are sure to engage your children throughout their explorations of Botany.
Note: This notebook is not compatible with the 1st edition of of Exploring Creation with Botany. Find the 1st edition of this notebook here.
Use the included detailed daily schedule to help organize your home Botany studies! This schedule tells you which pages to read in the textbook, as well as which corresponding pages to complete in the journal.
Within each lesson, your children will use this notebook to:
- color while they listen to the reading of the text;
- illustrate what they've learned on the template pages, designed to encourage both written narration and creative expression;
- work with and learn key vocabulary words, using activities such as crosswords & vocabulary stories;
- & more!
The activities inside have been designed to foster active learning, while also reinforcing the content within each lesson and increasing retention.
The benefits of using the notebook journal, according to Apologia's website:
"Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Notebooking Journal has been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain.
- Be flexible and allows for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes to create opinions and draw conclusions about the way their world works"
Click on the link below to look through some sample pages!
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a peek inside! Course & Notebook Sample Pages (including the textbook)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More