This science kit is filled with most of the materials you need for doing the experiments in Apologia's Exploring Creation with Physical Science course, 3rd edition. This kit is not compatible with the 2nd edition of Apologia's physical science curriculum. Make an electromagnet, experiment with friction, and more!
Throughout Apologia's Physical Science course, your student will conduct various controlled experiments, consisting of observing specific problems, asking strategic questions, formulating their own hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to see if their results support or negate their hypotheses.
The hands-on activities in this course can be completed with this Apologia Physical Science kit, along with some easy-to-find household items.
Use this kit, along with the Apologia physical science curriculum to explore the following topics:
- Science – The Basics
- Chemistry – Properties and States of Matter
- Chemistry – Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
- Chemistry – Chemical Bonds
- Chemistry – Reactions and Energy
- Physics – Motion
- Physics – Forces
- Physics – Energy
- Physics – Waves and Sound
- Physics – Light
- Physics – Electricity and Magnetism
- Earth Science – Our Earth
- Earth Science – Our Atmosphere and Beyond
- Chemistry and Physics in the Life Sciences
- Physical Science Research
Apologia Physical Science Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- 2 Alka-Seltzer Tablets
- White Card Stock, 8.5" x 11"
- 1 Magnifying Glass, 2", 3X Lens
- 1 Semi-Circle Protractor, 6"
- 1 Glass Beaker, 600 ml
- 1 Glass Beaker, 250 ml
- 2 Large Test Tubes, 16 x 150 mm
- 5 Washers, 1"
- 15 Marbles
- 1 Heavy Cord String, 25'
- 1 Ruler, 30 cm
- 2 Corks, No. 2
- 1 Insulated Copper Wire, #24, 15'
- Food Coloring, 4 Colors
- 9 Balloons
- 1 Alkaline Battery, 9-Volt
- 2 Bamboo Skewers, 6"
- 16 White Chenille Stems, 4mm, 12" long
- 100 Pony Beads, 9mm x 6mm
- 20 Red Round Push Pins, 1/8 in.
- 20 Blue Round Push Pins, 1/8 in.
- 2 Styrofoam Balls, 2" diameter
- Fishing Line, 15#, 1 yard
- 4 Styrofoam Cups, 12 oz.
- 1 Pipet (medicine dropper)
- 1 Steel Wool
- 800 Toothpicks
- 2 Clear Plastic Straws
- Epsom Salt, food grade, 1 lb or 450 g
- Nu-Salt, salt substitute, 3 oz
- 2 Yeast Packets
- 1 Plastic Student Thermometer
- 1 Flexible Tape Measure, 150 cm
- 1 Aluminum Pie Plate, 9" diameter
- 1 Solid Rubber Stopper, #3
- Rubber Bands, 1.4 oz bag
- 1 Tea Light Candle
- Adult Chemical Splash Safety Goggles
- Black Construction Paper
- 2 D-Batteries, heavy duty
- 1 Glass Plane Mirror, 4" x 4"
- 1 Nail, 16D, brightbox, 3.5" long
- Cornstarch, food grade, 1 lb or 450 g
- 6 Clear Plastic Cups, 9 oz
- Vitamin C, 250 mg
- Iodine Biological Stain Solution, 30 ml
Note: While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items, like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form (link above) for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More