This Classroom Crayfish Dissection Kit contains everything needed for your elementary, middle, or high school class to conduct an interactive crayfish dissection!
Crayfish are often the largest invertebrate in their natural habitats, and students can learn a lot when they closely inspect these freshwater crustaceans during a dissection activity. This crayfish dissection lab kit makes it easier than ever to supplement your science curriculum and lesson plans with an engaging and eye-opening learning experience.
This classroom crayfish dissection kit comes with:
- 10 plain preserved crayfish
- 10 illustrated dissection guides with step-by-step instructions
- 10 sets of dissection tools and instruments, including dissecting trays
This economy classroom crayfish dissection kit is an excellent choice for smaller classrooms, or can be used in a larger classroom for students to share.
Other excellent classroom dissection kits include our:
- Classroom Cow Eye Dissection Kit
- Classroom Earthworm Dissection Kit
- Classroom Frog Dissection Kit
- Classroom Pig Dissection kit
- Classroom Sheep Heart Dissection Kit
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for biology dissections. Get the size and quantity of disposable gloves you need for your classroom.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Crayfish Dissection Kit contents:
- 10 preserved crayfish, 4"-6"
- 10 dissecting scissors
- 10 plastic forceps
- 10 styrofoam dissecting trays
- 10 dissection guides
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More