Get everything you need for a classroom worm dissection lab. This economy Classroom Worm Dissection Kit pack is sized for smaller classrooms or for two students to share.
Our preserved earthworms are an extra-large 9-12” size so dissecting them is easier. You can study the digestive, circulatory, reproductive, and nervous systems of the earthworm. Earthworm species is Lumbricus terrestris (nightcrawler).
The complete Classroom Worm Dissection Kit includes:
- 10 plain preserved worms,
- 10 illustrated dissection guides, and
- 10 sets of dissecting tools/instruments, including trays.
We recommend using disposable gloves for all dissections.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Classroom Worm Dissection Kit content:
- 10 Preserved earthworms, 9"-12"
- 10 Dissecting scissors
- 10 Plastic forceps
- 100 T-pins
- 10 Styrofoam dissecting trays
- 10 Dissection guides
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More