Kids become crime scene investigators with this hands-on crime scene kit! Using the materials inside, students get to use real lab experiments and fingerprinting to solve the case and discover who stole the diamonds. This complete one-box evidence collection kit has everything kids need for authentic crime scene investigation tests, including a step-by-step experiment manual and case file.
This Crime Scene Kit Includes:
- Glass slides and superglue for fingerprint fuming;
- a beaker, isopropyl alcohol, and filter paper for chromatography ink tests;
- a watch glass and fabric samples for fiber analysis;
- synthetic blood samples for simulated blood test;
- a Magnifying glass;
- a complete activity/case manual;
- and more!
With this crime scene kit, kids will learn how science helps solve mysteries. First, meet four suspects and read their police statements. Do any of the suspects have a clear motive? What about an alibi? Next, students examine the evidence found at the crime scene. They can read scientific explanations for each activity and follow the instruction manual/case file with helpful charts.
Study Crime Scene Evidence:
- latent prints
- clothing fibers
- a note
- bloodstain (simulated)
Real test results of the evidence reveal the culprit. Kids gain an understanding of CSI theory by reading the manual. Then they apply that in a practical situation as they test the evidence.
Conduct 7 crime lab tests with this best-selling crime scene & fingerprint kit:
- dusting & fuming for fingerprints (print lifting)
- fingerprinting analysis
- chromatography & ink analysis
- blood type analysis (using simulated blood samples)
- fiber analysis using a flame test
Working through the manual and seven crime science projects takes 1-2 hours. There are enough materials to perform each test more than once. This crime scene kit works for 1-4 students working in a group. For larger classes, see the Crime Scene Science Classroom Kit.
Forensics (or forensic science) refers to the scientific tests (chemistry) and procedures used by detectives and law enforcement to solve a crime.
Looking for more forensic fun? Check out these neat kits:
- Forensic Kit Pro for ages 10+ (includes evidence labels, evidence tape / DO NOT CROSS ribbon, evidence seals, safety glasses/goggles, magnetic powder application & more)
- Thames & Kosmos Master Detective Toolkit (includes a fingerprint ink pad, a sheet of profile cards, an invisible ink pen & more)
- Presumptive Blood Test Kit (includes swabs, blood standard strips, various chemicals & more)
WARNING: This product can expose you to Phenolphthalein, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Note: To keep costs low for you and encourage recycling, this kit comes packaged in a shippable, environmentally-friendly cardboard box.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
This Crime Scene Science Kit Includes:
- Fingerprint Dusting Powder, black
- Optics Cleaning Blower Brush
- Plain Glass Slides, 12 pack
- Superglue (for fingerprint fuming)
- Beaker, polypropylene, 250 ml
- Isopropyl Alcohol, 90%, 30 ml
- Filter Paper, 11 cm, 10 pack (for chromatography ink tests)
- Watch Glass, 65 mm
- Forensic Fabric Samples (for fiber analysis)
- Synthetic Blood Samples (for simulated blood test)
- Magnifying Glass, double lens, 5x/10x
- Jar, 125 ml (4 oz), plastic
- Pipet, disposable, 1 ml
- Wooden Splints, 20 pack
- Forceps, stainless steel
- Small Binder Clip
- Manila Envelope, 6"x9"
- Complete Activity/Case Manual
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More