Kids become crime scene investigators with this hands-on forensics for kids crime scene kit! Using the materials inside, students get to use real lab experiments and fingerprinting to solve the case and discover who stole the diamonds. This complete one-box evidence collection kit has everything kids need for authentic crime scene investigation tests, including a step-by-step experiment manual and case file.
This Crime Scene Kit Includes:
- Glass slides and superglue for fingerprint fuming;
- a beaker, isopropyl alcohol, and filter paper for chromatography ink tests;
- a watch glass and fabric samples for fiber analysis;
- synthetic blood samples for simulated blood test;
- a magnifier;
- a complete activity/case manual;
- and more!
With this crime scene kit, kids will learn how science helps solve mysteries. First, meet four suspects and read their police statements. Do any of the suspects have a clear motive? What about an alibi? Next, students examine the crime scene documentation and physical evidence found at the crime scene. They can read scientific explanations for each activity and follow the instruction manual/case file with helpful charts. This is the perfect kit for forensics for kids!
Study Crime Scene Evidence:
- latent prints
- clothing fibers
- a note
- bloodstain (simulated)
Real test results of the evidence reveal the culprit. Kids gain an understanding of CSI theory by reading the manual. Then they apply that in a practical situation as they test the evidence.
Conduct 7 crime lab tests with this best-selling crime scene & fingerprint kit:
- dusting & fuming for fingerprints (print lifting)
- fingerprinting analysis
- chromatography & ink analysis
- blood type analysis (using simulated blood samples)
- fiber analysis using a flame test
Working through the manual and seven crime science projects takes 1-2 hours. There are enough materials to perform each test more than once. This crime scene kit works for 1-4 students working in a group and is an excellent tool to teach forensics for kids. For larger classes, see the Crime Scene Science Classroom Kit.
Forensics (or forensic science) refers to the scientific tests (chemistry) and procedures used by detectives and law enforcement to solve a crime.
Looking for more forensic fun? Check out these neat kits:
- Forensic Kit Pro for ages 10+ (includes evidence labels, evidence tape / DO NOT CROSS ribbon, evidence seals, safety glasses/goggles, magnetic powder application & more)
- Thames & Kosmos Master Detective Toolkit (includes a fingerprint ink pad, a sheet of profile cards, an invisible ink pen & more)
- Presumptive Blood Test Kit (includes swabs, blood standard strips, various chemicals & more)
WARNING: This product can expose you to Phenolphthalein, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Note: To keep costs low for you and encourage recycling, this kit comes packaged in a shippable, environmentally-friendly cardboard box.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
This Crime Scene Science Kit Includes:
- Fingerprint Dusting Powder, black
- Optics Cleaning Blower Brush
- Plain Glass Slides, 12 pack
- Superglue (for fingerprint fuming)
- Beaker, polypropylene, 250 ml
- Isopropyl Alcohol, 90%, 30 ml
- Filter Paper, 11 cm, 10 pack (for chromatography ink tests)
- Watch Glass, 65 mm
- Forensic Fabric Samples (for fiber analysis)
- Synthetic Blood Samples (for simulated blood test)
- Magnifying Glass, double lens, 5x/10x
- Jar, 125 ml (4 oz), plastic
- Pipet, disposable, 1 ml
- Wooden Splints, 20 pack
- Forceps, stainless steel
- Small Binder Clip
- Manila Envelope, 6"x9"
- Complete Activity/Case Manual
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More