Use science to solve the Mystery of the Disappearing Diamonds! The Crime Scene Science Classroom Kit contains materials for up to 30 students working in up to five groups, and most items can be reused.
Forensic Science is a popular way to get your class interested in science! Students will get to perform seven detailed experiments to determine which of four suspects is responsible for stealing diamonds from a jewelry store. Projects include dusting and fuming for fingerprints, fingerprint analysis, chromatography and ink analysis, blood type analysis (using simulated blood samples), and fiber analysis using a flame test. Each test provides real results that help solve the case! Includes a complete manual with scientific explanations, teacher notes, and student handouts.
See our refill kit for Crime Science Science Classroom Kit, containing a new supply of all the consumable materials.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Phenolphthalein, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Crime Scene Science Classroom Kit
- Fingerprint dusting powder & blower brushes
- Glass slides, plastic jars, and superglue for fingerprint fuming
- Beakers, isopropyl alcohol, and filter paper for chromatography ink tests
- Watch glasses and fabric sample sets for fiber analysis
- Synthetic blood samples for simulated blood tests
- Magnifying glasses
- Complete activity/case manual, teacher notes, and student handouts manual
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More