The Focus On Middle School Biology curriculum set, 3rd edition, helps students to build a solid science foundation. This engaging Real Science 4 Kids course focuses on fundamental Biology concepts such as technology in Biology, the microscope, atoms, molecules, metabolism, cells, viruses, bacteria, archaea, protists, fungi, photosynthesis, the Calvin Cycle, plant structure & growth, animals, and chordates. This complete set introduces college-level terminology, but explains it at a level appropriate for kids in grades 5-8, giving them a background in Biology topics they'll build upon later.
The set includes a hardcover Student Textbook and softcover Laboratory Workbook with a hands-on experiment for each chapter. Teacher-directed experiments are designed around the scientific method, emphasize investigation, and use mostly household items. Explore using agar plates & light microscopes, looking inside cells, growing vegetables from scratch, discovering what's in spit & more!
This Real Science 4 Kids Biology Middle School curriculum set also includes a Teacher's Manual with lesson planning tips, background information, and answers to the review questions.
Teach this course's 16 chapters in a thorough and timely manner by setting aside one week for each chapter. Follow the convenient weekly timeline suggested by the publisher:
- Before the week begins, use the printable Lesson Plan to map out your week.
- Day 1: Read a chapter of the Student Textbook with your child or have them read it alone. Take time to discuss the material with them.
- Day 2: Review the details of the chapter's laboratory experiment with your child, and collect the needed materials. Be sure that you and your child have everything you need before starting the experiment.
- Day 3: Have your child perform the laboratory experiment. Be sure that they are recording their data in their Workbook, and encourage them to record exactly what they observe (even if the result is different than they expected).
- Day 4: Have your child take the self-test at the end of the lesson plan.
- Day 5: Take time to review the terms and concepts from the chapter.
Give your middle schooler a full year of science fun when you purchase the Focus On Middle School Science Set! Includes textbooks, workbooks, and teacher's manuals for Biology, Chemistry & Physics. And get many of the harder-to-find items for the experiments in the Biology lab workbook with the Starter Lab Kit for Focus On Middle School Biology. Includes microscope slides, petri dishes, a magnifying glass & more!
Note: Real Science For Kids Level 1 has a new name and a new look! You'll enjoy the same easy-to-teach and fun-to-learn curriculum as before, but now it's called Focus On Middle School and is intended for grades 5-8.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a look at this preview booklet to see samples from the Student Textbook, Workbook, Teacher's Manual & more!
Real Science 4 Kids Middle School Biology Curriculum Set Includes:
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More