Get the lab materials you need for for doing the experiments in the the Abeka Book® 9th grade curriculum Science: Matter and Energy, 1st edition. 84 items in one convenient kit.
A balance is optional if you estimate quantities. We recommend one from our scales and balances category. A hot plate is required for several experiments, but is not included in this kit. We recommend one from our hot plates category.
Abeka®, Abeka Book®, and Abeka Academy® are registered trademarks of Pensacola Christian College, Inc. (PCC). Home Science Tools is not affiliated with Abeka Book, Abeka Academy or Pensacola Christian College, Inc. (PCC).
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Science Lab Kit for Abeka 9 Curriculum
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to see the complete list and order individual or optional items):
- Acetate Sheet, 8" x 11"
- Alcohol Lamp Burner, wickless
- Alligator Clip Leads, 10 total
- Balloon, long, 10"
- Balloons, medium, 9", 2 total
- Bar Magnets, 1.2" ceramic, 2 total
- Bar Magnets, 3 Alnico I, 2 total
- Battery Holder and Joiner, for D cell, 3 total
- Battery, 6 volt
- Battery, D-size, heavy-duty, 2 total
- Beaker, glass, 1000 ml
- Beaker, glass, 250 ml, 3 total
- Bimetallic Bar, with handle
- Bottle, 250 ml (8oz), natural HDPE plastic
- Bulb Holders, 4 total (for 1 bulb each)
- Bulbs, screw base, 1.5-volt, 4 total
- Burette Clamp
- Calcium Carbonate, chips, 30 g
- Calcium Metal, turnings, 10 g
- Candle, 4" white
- Cardboard Tube, 1-1/2" x 15"
- Chemical Splash Safety Goggles, adult
- Compass, magnetic, 1.5"
- Copper II (Cupric) Sulfate, 30 g
- Copper, metal electrode, 4"
- Demonstration Balance
- Denatured Alcohol Fuel, 16 oz
- Density Cylinders, set of 4
- Digital Multimeter
- Digital Stop Watch, 2"
- File, triangular
- Filter Paper, 11 cm, 10 sheets
- Flask, boiling, 500 ml
- Food Coloring, 4 colors
- Friction Wood Block
- Funnel, glass, 75 mm diameter
- Graduated Cylinder, polypropylene, 25 ml
- Graduated Cylinder, polypropylene, 250 ml
- Hall's Cart
- Hydrochloric Acid, 30 ml
- Iron Metal Filings, 30 g
- Lab Apron No. 2, heavy vinyl, 8 mil
- Light Experiment Kit
- Litmus Paper, blue, 100 strips
- Litmus Paper, red, 100 strips
- Magdeburg Hemispheres
- Magnifier, double lens, 5X/10X
- Manganese Dioxide, 15 g
- Mirror, glass pane, 4" x 2", 2 total
- Nails, 16D, bright box, 2 total
- Paper Clips, small, 100/box
- Petri Dishes, polystyrene, 90 x 15mm, 4 total
- pH papers, 1-14 range, 80/pack
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- Prism, glass, 25 mm x 75mm
- Pulley with Table Clamp
- Ring Support Stand, 4" x 6" base, 18" rod
- Ring Support, 4" diameter
- Rubber Stopper, #1, solid
- Rubber Stopper, #6.5, solid
- Rubber Stopper, #0, 1-hole
- Ruler, 30 cm
- Safety Gloves, size 9-9.5 large
- Sandpaper, 1 sheet medium grit
- Sodium Hydroxide, 30 g
- Spatula, stainless steel
- Spring Scale, 1000 g/10 Newton
- Stirring Rod, glass, 10" long
- Straw, clear plastic
- String, heavy cord, 25 ft
- Switch, knife type, SPST
- Talc, 30 g
- Tape measure, steel, 3 meters
- Test Tube Brush, small
- Test Tube Clamp
- Test Tubes, large 16 x 150 mm, 6 total
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
- Triangle, clay, 2" pipe-stems
- Tubes, 5 mm glass, 12" long, 3 total
- Tube, 20 mm glass, 24" long
- Tuning Fork, C, 512 cps
- Wire Gauze, ceramic center, 5" square
- Wire, enamel magnet, #28, 4 ounce
- Wood Ramp, economy
- Wooden Splints, 20 pack
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More