Build robots from scratch and ignite student interest in STEM!
Designed to provide students with an authentic introduction to robotics, this kit explores the fundamentals of: building circuits, powering motors, and learning how robots capture and respond to information about their surroundings. Ideal for grades 6-8.
Accompanying lesson plan makes it easy to get started in the classroom - no previous robotics experience needed
Lesson plan aligned to NGSS and key state standards guides you step-by-step through the robot assembly and exploration of the electromagnetic spectrum using the robot’s sensor. Comprehensive teacher tools, including videos and slideshows, guide you through the lesson prep and class time. Additional lesson variations give you ideas on how to customize the lesson plan for your class.
Line-Following BlueBot Lesson Plan: Grades 6-8
These robots can serve as a fun hands-on conclusion to a unit on electricity, circuits, and the electromagnetic spectrum, or as an exploration of engineering and robotics.
Other fun robotics projects that can be done with this kit, include:
- Guard Bot—springs into action when an intruder arrives.
- Light-tracking Robot—follows a flashlight the way a cat might stalk a moving light.
- Obstacle-avoiding Robot—can find its way through a crowded room.
Quality supplies let student experience real science and engineering
Science Buddies has customized the electronic components in this kit so they are easy to use in a classroom setting, eliminating the need for soldering and wire cutters. Students will get experience building and assembling a robot using real electronic components — no toys or plastic blocks hiding how circuits and robotics really work.
All parts are reusable, so the same kit can be used across multiple classes.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Instructions are NOT included with the kit, but are available online from Science Buddies.
Additional project instructions from Science Buddies:
BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Classroom Kit has supplies for 20 students:
Each classroom kit contains 5 BlueBot kits, enough for 20 students working in our recommended group size of 4.
- 5 Robot chassis (includes wheels, two motors, and a 4xAA battery holder)
- 5 3xAA battery holder with leads
- 20 AA batteries
- 5 Breadboard
- 5 Jumper wire kit, 70 pieces of assorted colors and lengths
- 5 Male-female jumper wires, 30 pack, assorted colors
- 5 On/off switch
- 10 Diodes
- 10 MOSFETs
- 10 10 kΩ potentiometers
- 10 Photoresistors
- 10 Infrared reflective object sensors
- 5 Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor
- 10 Lever switch with leads
- 5 L293D H-bridge motor driver
- 50 150 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 50 220 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 50 4.7 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
- 50 10 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More