Simulate and study the relationships species have in the wild! Seeking Survival will help any young biologist learn and test the intricacies of ecological relationships.
In this ecology homeschool kit, students will simulate pollinator and plant relationships, test predator behavior, and measure competition to better understand ecological relationships. Students will use these hands-on science experiments to delve into the different ecological relationships, both symbiotic and not. Seeking Survival comes with a full-color Student Workbook and Teacher Guide. This kit contains activities and information that focuses on the phenomenon of symbiotic and non-symbiotic ecological relationships.
As part of a special program from Home Science Tools, this Accelerate level kit will provide over 10 hours of learning, educating your student about ecological relationships and what that means for the environment.
In this kit, the student will partake in these fun activities:
- Discover examples of organisms working together to increase their own survival.
- Simulate pollinator and plant relationships.
- Test the diet preferences of different types of caterpillar predators.
- Measure the impact of competition on plants.
Use the Seeking Survival biology kit to answer questions such as:
- How do animals work together?
- Can plants and animals form relationships?
- What organism relationships are beneficial and which are harmful?
- How do ecological relationships impact the environment?
Our Seeking Survival kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for elementary and middle students in grades 3-7.
Interested in learning more? Check out our Student Workbook Sample and Teacher Guide Sample!
This kit contains:
- Centrifuge tube
- Clay 4-pack
- Color pencils
- 11 Card stock sheets
- Glue stick
- Green construction paper
- Neon straw
- Orange construction paper
- 3 paper clips
- 10-pocket presentation book
- Red construction paper
- Super glue
- Tape measure
- Test tube
- White chenille stem
- Yellow chenille stem
You will also need:
Scissors safety: An adult should help with steps that need scissors. Always cut away from your body.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More