Get everything you need for dissecting an earthworm!
This earthworm dissection kit comes with a 9"-12" preserved earthworm, plus all the dissection tools and lab equipment you need for a memorable home or classroom experience:
- a full-color photographic earthworm dissection guide,
- dissecting scissors,
- plastic forceps,
- 6 T-pins,
- and a disposable dissection tray.
Dissecting an earthworm is an excellent, interactive lab activity for elementary, middle school, and high school students!
Not quite ready to add this earthworm dissection kit to your shopping cart? Take a look at the customer reviews below for more product details and to discover why it has a near 5-star rating!
For more dissection lab specimens and materials, explore our:
- Frog Dissection Kit
- Cow Eye Dissection Kit (since a cow eye is so similar to a human eye, this specimen provides a neat way to learn about human anatomy!)
- Grasshopper Dissection Kit
- Sheep Heart Dissection Kit
We also have a Classroom Worm Dissection Kit available for small classrooms, or for groups of 2-3 in larger classrooms!
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for all dissections.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Worm Dissection Kit content:
- Preserved earthworm, 9"-12"
- Dissecting scissors
- Plastic forceps
- 6 T-pins
- Styrofoam dissecting tray
- Dissection guide
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More