This Abeka chemistry lab kit conveniently bundles the hard-to-find materials and laboratory equipment for doing the science experiments in the Abeka Chemistry 11 curriculum (Chemistry: Precision and Design), 3rd edition. Find high-quality chemicals, lab glass, test tubes, safety gear, and more inside!
While not essential, this Abeka chemistry set allows students to enhance the high school science projects in their Abeka Chemistry 11 curriculum.
Rather than looking to Google or Ebay for each individual item, the glassware, chemicals, and other science supplies inside this experiment kit will equip homeschoolers with lab equipment that will last for a wide variety of Abeka chemistry experiments and the chemical reactions within them.
Use this Abeka chemistry lab kit to:
- Easily create a home chemistry laboratory
- More fully engage your high school homeschoolers with hands-on science exploration
While expensive, this starter kit is an investment that is well-worth the consideration. Even after their Abeka Chemistry 11 exploration, students can use these materials for their science fair projects, individual exploration of organic chemistry, and more science fun!
Note: A balance is optional; if you'd like the most well-rounded experience possible and want a balance, we highly recommend the triple beam!
We understand that budgeting is an important part of homeschooling, which is exactly why we provide a variety of options for science learning. An excellent ecomonical alternative to the costly chemistry labs in this Abeka curriculum is the MicroChem Kit.
This alternative chemistry kit includes 17 labs that correlate with 11 chapters of the Chemistry Precision and Design text. While the MicroChem kit provides a less rigorous lab experience, it is much more cost effective. Also, a balance is not needed with the MicroChem Kit. (Note: this has not been updated to the 3rd edition at this time)
Abeka®, Abeka Book®, and Abeka Academy® are registered trademarks of Pensacola Christian College, Inc. (PCC). Home Science Tools is not affiliated with Abeka Book, Abeka Academy or Pensacola Christian College, Inc. (PCC).
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Science Lab Kit for Abeka Chemistry Curriculum
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- Acetic acid, 30 ml
- Acetone, 30 ml
- Aluminum sulfate, 30 g
- Ammonium chloride, 30 g
- Barium hydroxide, 10 g
- Beaker, glass, 250 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 400 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 50 ml, HST
- Burette, 50 ml capacity
- Butane Gas Fuel Refill, 57 g (100 ml)
- Calcium acetate, 30 g
- Calcium carbonate, chips, 30 g
- Calcium chloride, 30 g
- Capillary tubes, vial of 100
- Carbon, lumps, 30 g
- Chalk (calcium carbonate), doz.
- Clamp, burette
- Cobalt II chloride, 15 g
- Copper II (cupric) sulfate, 30 g
- Copper, metal electrode, 4"
- Cups w/lids, Styrofoam, 8 oz, 5/pk
- Ethyl alcohol, 95%, 30 ml
- Evaporating dish, 75 ml
- Fertilizer, 30 g
- File, triangular
- Filter paper, 11 cm, 10 sheets
- Flask, Erlenmeyer, 250 ml
- Formaldehyde, 30 ml
- Funnel, glass, 75mm diameter
- Glass plate, 5" x 5"
- Glycerin (glycerol), 30 ml
- Grad. cylinder, glass, 10 ml
- Grad. cylinder, glass, 100 ml
- Grad. cylinder, glass, 25 ml
- Hydrochloric acid, 30 ml
- Iron III (ferric) chloride, 30 g
- Lab apron, white vinyl
- Lead nitrate, 30 g
- Lithium chloride, 30 g
- Litmus paper, blue, 100 strips
- Litmus paper, red, 100 strips
- Magnesium ribbon, 60 cm
- Manganese dioxide, 15 g
- Methyl orange, solution, 30 ml
- Methyl violet, 1 g
- Molecular Model Set, Student
- Mortar and pestle, 80 ml
- Nail assortment, 30 pieces
- pH papers, 1-14 range, 80/pack
- Phenolphthalein solution, 30ml
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- Portable Micro Lab Burner
- Potassium chloride, 30 g
- Potassium chromate, 30 g
- Potassium iodide, 30 g
- Ring support stand, 4"x6" base, 18" rod
- Ring support, 3" diameter
- Rubber stopper, #6.5, 1-hole
- Rubber stopper, #6.5, 2-hole
- Rubber stopper, #0, solid
- Safety gloves, size 8-8.5 medium
- Safety goggles, full-size, splash style
- Silver nitrate, 2 g
- Sodium acetate, 30 g
- Sodium bicarbonate, 30 g
- Sodium bisulfite, 30 g
- Sodium carbonate, 30 g
- Sodium hydroxide, 30 g
- Sodium sulfate, 30 g
- Sodium sulfite, 30 g
- Spatula, stainless steel, 15cm
- Stirring rod, glass, 6" long
- Strontium chloride, 10 g
- Sulfur, 30 g (flammable solid)
- Sulfuric acid, 30 ml
- Test tube brush, small
- Test tube clamp
- Test tube rack, 6 holes
- Test tubes, large 16x150 mm
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
- Thymol blue, 15 ml
- Tongs, crucible
- Tube, 5 mm glass, 12" long
- Tubing, 4.8 mm rubber, 2' long
- Watch glass, 100 mm diameter
- Weighing boats, aluminum, 57mm, 100 pack
- Wire gauze, ceramic center, 5" square
- Wire, bare copper, #24, 25 ft.
- Wire, bare zinc, 6"
- Wooden splints, 20 pack
- Zinc, metal electrode, 4"
- Zinc, powder, 15 g
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items, hazardous chemicals, or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More