The 3rd edition of the Real Science 4 Kids Focus On Elementary Geology Set helps you to guide your K-4 students through a 12-week exploration of volcanoes, earthquakes, water, plants, animals, the air we breathe, the geosphere, and Earth's shape, size, parts, layers, spheres & magnetism! This Elementary Geology curriculum enables young learners to build a solid science foundation in their early elementary years.
Teach this course's 12 chapters in a thorough and timely manner by setting aside one week for each chapter. Follow this convenient weekly timeline suggested by the publisher:
- Before the week begins, use the printable Lesson Plan to map out your week.
- Day 1: Read a chapter of the Student Textbook with your child or have them read it alone. Take time to discuss the material with them.
- Day 2: Review the details of the chapter's laboratory experiment with your child, and collect the needed materials. Be sure that you and your child have everything you need before starting the experiment.
- Day 3: Have your child perform the laboratory experiment. Be sure that they are recording their data in their Workbook, and encourage them to record exactly what they observe (even if the result is different than they expected).
- Day 4: Have your child take the self-test at the end of the lesson plan.
- Day 5: Take time to review the terms and concepts from the chapter.
Exciting hands-on experiments within each chapter help students learn how to use tools, test for minerals, and better understand Earth's many interacting systems. Taking up to 1 hour to complete and requiring (mostly) household items, these Elementary Geology experiments are convenient, affordable, and FUN.
While you probably have most of the needed materials for the Geology experiments in the Lab Workbook, we offer some of the harder-to-find items for the following experiments:
Note: Real Science For Kids Pre-Level 1 has a new name and a new look! While you'll enjoy the same easy-to-teach and fun-to-learn curriculum as before, now it's called Focus On Elementary and is intended for grades K-4.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a look at this preview booklet to see samples from the Student Textbook, Workbook, Teacher's Manual & more!
Real Science 4 Kids Elementary Geology Curriculum Set Includes:
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More