Build a mini-computer and program it to make your own interactive, electronic gadgets and games!
The Raspberry Pi Kit provides a hands-on look at the inner workings of a computer by letting you build and program one yourself. Powered by the Raspberry Pi 3B+, a credit card-sized computer that will serve as the “brain” for all of your electronic gadgets, this kit is ideally suited for a novice, but powerful enough to grow with your ideas! The “all in one” reusable, electronic components allow you to explore, build, and personalize any of the Science Buddies projects - including an electronic drum set, an interactive robot, smart art, and a variety of others.
It’s easy to get started:
- Step-by-step illustrated project instructions, including video tutorials, provide on-screen guidance as you work on projects
- Intro video walks you through the set up of the Raspberry Pi 3B+ so you can start designing, creating, and playing in under 30 minutes
- Circuit-building skills and programming with Scratch are taught as you go — no previous experience needed
- 8 fun projects, each designed to teach a different skill, so your knowledge grows with each new gadget and game that you build
We know you will catch on quickly, so we made sure the Raspberry Pi kit is compatible with Python, a widely used, more advanced programming language. Once you are ready for a bigger challenge, the included SD card comes preloaded with Python; the only thing missing is your big idea!
**Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Instructions for this kit are available online. See below for links to the instructions and more.
You will also need from home:
A television or computer monitor with an HDMI connection and a USB keyboard & mouse. In addition, several of the projects require craft materials of your choice including, cardboard, paper, tape, scissors, crayons, or markers.
Already have a Raspberry Pi? Check out the Circuit Building Kit for Raspberry Pi and discover how you can make your own interactive gadgets & games!
Note: A laptop computer will not work with the Raspberry Pi. You need either a television with HDMI support or a standalone monitor with HDMI support.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
A link to the instructions for all 8 projects are included on the SD card that comes with the kit.
For initial setup and FAQ's please see Getting Started with your Raspberry Pi Projects Kit!
Science Buddies: Raspberry Pi Projects Kit Includes:
- 1 Raspberry Pi Model 3B+
- 1 Protective Plastic Case for Raspberry Pi
- 1 Science Buddies SD card preloaded with Raspbian and quick link to Science Buddies instructions, 16GB
- 1 Pi Wedge B+ Preassembled Subassembly
- 1 Micro-USB Power Supply
- 1 HDMI Cable, 6 ft long
- 1 Female GPIO Ribbon Cable
- 1 Breadboard, white, self-adhesive
- 20 LEDs, 5 mm, simon colors
- 20 330 Ohm Resistors, 1/4 Watt
- 10 Male-Male Jumper Wires, Premium, 6 in, assorted colors
- 10 Male-Female Jumper Wires, Premium, 12 in, assorted colors
- 10 Alligator Test Leads, assorted colors
- 2 Music Wires, 6 in, cut to length
- 1 PIR Motion Sensor
- 2 Magnet Disks, 0.709 in
- 2 Miniature Photocells
- 2 Reed Switches, insulated
- 2 Push-Button Reset Switches
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More