Get the materials you need for doing many of the lab experiments in BJU Press Chemistry 11 Lab Manual, 4th Edition. This homeschool BJU chemistry lab kit contains 91 items, including high-quality chemicals, glassware, and lab equipment of all kinds.
Inside this BJU Press science kit, we've included the lab equipment needed to conduct nearly every lab in the BJU's grade level 11 Chemistry lab manual, only omitting labs 12A, 14, 16B, and 17B to reduce cost. If you'd like an even more robust BJU chemistry experience and want to do every science lab inside, take a look at our kit order form to find and order the additional items needed.
To make this homeschooling chemistry kit more affordable for you, we've chosen to exclude just a few required items that you may purchase separately:
- If you don't already have a balance (required & not included), we highly recommend this digital balance!
- A burner & fuel is also required & not included in the kit; we recommend purchasing a Lab Burner, but an Alcohol Burner can also work!
An economical alternative to the BJU Press chemistry labs is our MicroChem Kit. This BJU chemistry lab kit includes 17 labs that correlate with 11 chapters of the BJU Press Chemistry text. While this is a less rigorous lab experience, it is more cost-effective, does not require a balance or burner, and still provides your high schooler with a well-rounded chemistry lab experience.
This high school science lab kit is for the 4th Edition curriculum. If you need materials for an earlier edition, please email our wonderful Customer Service team and they will happily help you find everything you need.
Please Note: This BJU chemistry lab kit does not coincide with BJU Press Distance Learning curriculum. Click here for information on how to order the materials needed for the Distance Learning labs.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
BJU Press Chemistry 11 Science Kit, 4th edition
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form for a complete list and to order individual or optional items):
*Please note that the "Curriculum Reference and Comments" column in the order form refers to activity numbers in the corresponding activity manual, NOT the course textbook. This kit has been designed to pair with the student activity manual, and will not work with the textbook alone.
- Acetic acid, 30 ml
- Acetone, 30 ml
- Alligator clip leads, 2/pack
- Ammonium chloride, 30 g
- Bar magnet, 1" ceramic, 2/pack
- Battery, 9-volt, alkaline
- Beaker, glass, 150 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 250 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 50 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 600 ml, HST
- Capillary tubes, vial of 100
- Carbon, electrode rod, 1/4" x 4"
- Clay, modeling, 1/4 lb.
- Copper II (cupric) sulfate, 30 g
- Copper metal shot, 30 g
- Copper, powder, 30 g
- Cork, size 9
- Crucible & lid, 15 ml, high form
- Ethyl alcohol, 95%, 30 ml
- Evaporating dish, 75 ml
- Filter paper, 11 cm, 10 sheets
- Flask, Erlenmeyer, 250 ml
- Funnel, glass, 75mm diameter
- Grad. cylinder, glass, 10 ml
- Grad. cylinder, glass, 100 ml
- Hydrochloric acid, 30 ml
- Hydrogen peroxide, 30 ml
- Iron II (ferrous) sulfate, 30 g
- Iron III (ferric) chloride, 30 g
- Iron metal filings, 30 g
- Isopropyl alcohol, 90%, 30 ml
- Lab apron, white vinyl
- Lithium chloride, 30 g
- Magnesium ribbon, 60 cm
- Manganese dioxide, 15 g
- Marbles, pack of 15 (sold only in kits)
- Methyl alcohol, anhydrous, 30 ml
- Methyl orange, 0.1% solution, 30 ml
- Methyl red, 0.02% solution, 30 ml
- Mineral oil, Klearol, 30 ml
- Mortar and pestle, 80 ml
- Pinch clamp
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- Potassium chloride, 30 g
- Potassium nitrate, 30 g
- Potassium permanganate, 30 g
- Potassium thiocyanate, 30 g
- Red LED, 5mm diameter
- Resistor, 1K ohm, 1/4 watt
- Ring support stand, 4"x6" base, 18" rod
- Ring support, 4" diameter
- Rubber stopper, #6.5, 2-hole
- Rubber stopper, #0, 1-hole
- Rubber stopper, #0, solid
- Safety gloves, size 8-8.5 medium
- Safety goggles, full-size, splash style
- Salicylic acid, powder, 30 g
- Sand, fine, white, 1 lb.
- Sandpaper, 1 sheet medium grit
- Sodium bicarbonate, 30g
- Sodium hydroxide, 30g
- Sodium nitrate, 30 g
- Spatula, stainless steel, 15cm
- Spectroscope, Quantitative
- Stirring rod, glass, 10" long
- Strontium chloride, 10 g
- Styrofoam Cup Lid, each
- Styrofoam Cup, 8 oz, each
- Sulfur, 30 g (flammable solid)
- Sulfuric acid, 30 ml
- Test tube clamp
- Test tube rack, 20mm, 40 holes
- Test tubes, extra large 20x150 mm
- Test tubes, small 13x100 mm
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
- Thymol blue, 15 ml
- Tongs, crucible
- Triangle, clay, 2" pipe-stems
- Tube, 5 mm glass, 12" long
- Tube, 2 pack, 5 mm glass, 3" long
- Tubing, 4.8 mm rubber, 2' long
- Vernier Caliper
- Wash bottle, 250 ml
- Watch glass, 100 mm diameter
- Wax pencil (marks glass) - Red or Black
- Wire gauze, ceramic center, 5" square
- Wire, copper, 14 gauge, 6" long (sold only in kits)
- Wire, insulated copper, #24, 15 ft.
- Wooden splints, 20 pack
- Zinc, metal electrode, 4"
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More