Discover how eight simple machines work as you construct a balance, wheelbarrow, scissors, a block and tackle, and more. You'll understand how all three classes of levers work and see firsthand how fixed, moveable, and combination pulley systems operate.
This kit comes with 178 snap-together pieces and a project guide, all in a sturdy plastic storage case. Includes a CD containing the 39 page teachers' guide.
Key science concepts that can be taught and learned with this kit include:
- Identify all three classes of lever and test them to determine how they operate
- Identify key parts of levers; effort arm, resistance arm and fulcrum
- Identify different types of pulley systems and test them to determine how they operate
- Identify key parts of pulley systems
- Discuss how pulleys change the direction and/or amount of force applied to do work
From the Manufacturer
Hands-on learning at it best! The K'NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines: Levers & Pulleys set is designed to introduce students to the scientific concepts associated with two types of Simple Machines – levers and pulleys. Students are provided with the opportunity to acquire skills using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach to information and concepts. Working cooperatively, students are encouraged to interact with each other as they build, investigate, discuss, and evaluate scientific principles in action. The
Teacher's Guide provides the information and resources needed to build students' understanding of scientific concepts and channel their inquiries into active and meaningful learning experiences. Extension activities that can be used to explore the concepts more deeply are also included.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
K'Nex Levers & Pulleys Kit
- 178 color-coded pieces
- Instructions to build 8 models one at a time demonstrating the three classes of levers and different pulley systems
- A CD containing the 39 page teachers' guide with key terms, explanation of scientific concepts and everyday examples, and additional science experiments
- Supports 3 students working as a team
- Packed in a strong, stackable storage case with moveable dividers and transparent, lockable lid
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More