Meet BBC micro:bit – a handheld micro-computer with huge programming possibility. Get kids started with coding cool DIY creations, from robots to musical instruments, and more! The possibilities are endless with this micro:bit 'inventor's kit.'
The mini-yet-mighty micro:bit can be used in so many ways! Use it as a standalone device for building your own games, as a "brain" for robots, as the backbone for creative circuit building, and much more.
Your micro:bit has the following physical features:
- 25 individually-programmable LEDs for displaying text, numbers & images.
- 2 programmable buttons, which you can detect when they're pressed, allowing you to trigger code on the device.
- 25 external connectors on the micro:bit's edge connector, so you can program motors, LEDs, etc., or connect extra sensors to control your code!
- Light & temperature sensors that detect ambient light and temperature.
- Accelerometer to measure acceleration and detect other actions, e.g. shake, tilt, and free-fall.
- Compass detects the earth's magnetic field, allowing you to detect which direction the micro:bit is facing.
- Radio allows you to communicate wirelessly between micro:bits.
- Bluetooth allows the micro:bit to control phones and tablets. You can also send code wirelessly from your phone using apps.
This complete starter kit/bundle includes the micro:bit, a USB cable, a battery holder with batteries, and a starter guide to help you every step of the way. It has all of the essential accessories and materials you need to get started coding. But many makerspace and other projects require additional electrical components and hardware. Add it to your shopping cart and checkout now!
To take your micro:bit projects and experiences further, check out our add-on robot kits from ElecFreaks. Choose the Basic, Starter, or Tinker kit for additional electrical components and all new ways to learn coding and circuitry with your micro:bit.
- Visit the micro:bit site to learn all about it!
- Find excellent micro:bit quick start tips from its creator.
- Browse a collection of awesome ideas of how to use your micro:bit.
- Also search online for more great ideas on using the micro:bit: from the basic set up to complex coding, circuit, or device building.
micro:bit Starter Bundle Includes:
- USB Cable
- Battery Holder with Batteries
- Starter Guide
- 16 MHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 micro-controller with 256 KB Flash and 16 KB RAM A micro USB and two-pin JST connector are integrated for power options. With the micro:bit mobile app, you can transfer code from your mobile device to the micro:bit via Bluetooth.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More