Explore the microscopic world with your compound microscope (not included)! With this kit you can grow and examine bacteria, investigate tiny pond protozoa, and get an up-close look at some of the cells in your own body! The kit includes a study guide to help you learn more about microscopic life, plus instructions and materials to make your own slides and study bacteria and protists. Contains petri dishes, sterile nutrient agar, protozoa mix, microscope slides, stains, and more.
The study guide includes a short history of the microsope, mini bio of Louis Pasteur, diagram of a cell, and more.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Microscopic Life Kit
- 72 plain glass slides
- 12 concave glass slides
- Slide coverslips
- Methylene blue stain (for cell nuclei)
- Eosin Y stain (for cell cytoplasm)
- Prepared microscope slides: ficus leaf, paramecium, protozoa, bacteria, and allium (onion) root mitosis
- #11 scalpel (for making tiny cross-sections)
- 1 bottle of nutrient agar
- 5 plastic petri dishes
- 2 sterile swabs
- 1 pair Small gloves
- Protozoa mix to grow euglena, etc.
- Protist identification key
- 2 sterile lancets
- Study guide with information about cells, bacteria, and other microscopic life
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More