A-Maze-ing Mirrors: An introduction to light is a part of the Science Unlocked series of phenomenon-based curriculum kits and is an exciting experience for young scientists and engineers!
Students will engage in exciting activities such as:
- Making their own periscope
- Finding out what happens when light travels through prisms and colored cellophane
- Classifying objects based on how much light they let through
- Bouncing light off of mirrors around an obstacle in a Mirror Maze challenge
Inside of the box you will find a highly engaging full-color student curriculum workbook and teacher guide, with detailed step-by-step instructions for all hands-on activities, rich background information including important vocabulary, and suggestions for taking the learning to the next level. The experience is inquiry-based, meaning learners will practice their skills of observation, experimentation, problem-solving, analysis, evaluation, and reflection - skills that real-life scientists and engineers use! This kit requires almost no initial setup and provides approximately five hours (or more!) of learning and fun. Both the teacher and student can simply jump right in and do science!
The student will engage in these fun activities:
- Make a working periscope from the box the kit came in
- Use a prism to separate sunlight into all of the colors of the rainbow
- Change the color of light with cellophane
- Find out if materials are transparent, translucent, or opaque
- Make a light maze and use mirrors to bounce light around corners and send a message to the other side of an obstacle
- Check their understanding with a multiple-choice quiz and a performance assessment
- Go further with several suggestions for extending the learning, including suggestions for additional experiments and avenues for extended research
This all-inclusive curriculum kit comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook with helpful tags that support the detailed Teachers Guide. Use this A-Maze-ing Mirrors curriculum kit to answer several questions such as:
- What is light?
- How does light get from one point to another?
- What are the hidden colors of sunlight?
- What does light do when it hits an object?
- How are problems solved with light? And more!
A-Maze-ing Mirrors may send science sparks flying in your students brain! This kit creates understanding that can be built off of for unique diy science fair projects that are bound to enchant your student. Take the science experiments to the next level and use your learning to create an amazing laser maze. Don't just add it to your wish list, make the leap and purchase it today.
Our A-Maze-ing Mirrors kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Wonder series and is recommended for grades K-2.
This kit contains:
- Black construction paper
- Cardstock, white
- Cellophane set of squares (red, green, and blue)
- Masking tape
- Modeling clay, 2 ounces
- Plastic mirror
- Plastic prism
- Tracing paper
You will also need:
- A pen or marker
- Three small, solid objects about the size of a baseball, like soup cans, stuffed animals, or rocks (you will be able to put them back when you're done)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More