How deeply do you think about your senses? What allows you to experience the world? The Making Sense of Senses Science Unlocked curriculum kit is an Accelerate level in-depth experience for a young psychologist or neurologist!
In this kit, students will learn about a rare condition - synesthesia - and the many forms it takes to better understand their own senses and how their perception of the world is impacted by their brain. They will learn how each sense allows for the function of life, including behavior change and memory. Making Sense of Senses comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook and detailed Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in the many forms of synesthesia. Through a series of experiments, students will become absorbed by their five senses and better understand how each sense is connected to and impacted by the brain. This Accelerate level kit will provide over 8 hours of knowledge, educating your student about synesthesia, and the relationship between their senses and the brain.
In this kit, the student will partake in these fun activities:
- Using mindfulness to engage in their own senses
- Making a brain hat, providing a visual for the connections between the brain and the senses
- Creating and testing their own optical illusion
- Understanding neuron density of various parts of the body
- Determining if they and their friends are tasters
- Building a new set of "ears" and testing how the sense of hearing impacts behavior change
- Testing out the sense of smell and its relationship with memory
Use "Making Sense of Senses" to answer questions such as:
- What is synesthesia?
- What role does the brain have in our senses?
- How do the senses impact behavior change?
- What is the role of memory and our senses?
Our Making Sense of Senses kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
- 4 crayons
- 2 funnels
- Peat moss
- PTC test paper
- Vernier caliper
- Vinyl tubing
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More